PART 4-CHAPTER 27

CONTINUE:

*******

"Who says I'm making anything for you?"

She clicked her tongue and shook her head. "Not even a dinner in it for me. Boy do I feel used."

I tilted my head and gave her a Look. "Are Mom or Dad around?"

"Nope. Gone out."

"Good."

I stepped over to Lexi, pushed her legs open to make it easier to get close, then kissed her. I kept it short and soft.

"Well. That's better, I suppose," she said.

"Glad to hear it. What would you like?"

"What?"

"For supper."

"Oh. Right. Uh... I dunno."

"Anything you want."

"Anything?"

"Provided I know how to make it."

Lexi returned the Look I'd given her earlier. "That's a much less amazing offer. So, what, sandwiches or Kraft Dinner?"

"Ouch. I can make more things than that."

"Name twenty."

I grinned. "You set an impossible standard for cheffery, you know."

Lexi tossed her hair in an impressively haughty manner. "I'm pretty high maintenance like that."

"So it would seem." I considered the issue for a moment. "Maybe I just gotta take you somewhere."

"To eat?"

"Yeah."

"Like a date?"

"Um... maybe?"

She shook her head. "Nuh uh, dude. Not falling for that one."

"What?"

"You're my brother."

"I know. I caught on a couple years ago. You act like I'm slow or something."

"You can't date your sister," Lexi said, speaking very slowly and enunciating carefully.

"Well... that's the conventional belief, sure."

"No dating. No way."

"Huh." I folded my arms. "You're awfully firm on that question, considering it didn't even officially come up."

To be continue..