Chapter 8

We keep this love in a photograph.
We made these memories for ourselves,
Where eyes are never closing,
Hearts are never broken,
Times forever frozen still~

So you can keep me,
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me close until our eyes meet,
Keeping me deep within your soul~

So you can keep me,
Inside the locket you got when you were thirteen,
Next to your heart beat where I should be,
Carry me deep within your soul~

Wait for me to come home~

|Photograph, Ed Sheeran◇|

(a/n: Hinata's pov ^v^)

I awoke the next morning to find myself alone. Did Itachi....leave? Then I remembered, almost as if it was from a dream. Itachi's last words of goodbye and......I wasn't sure what was dream and what was reality. Had Itachi really professed his love for me? Or was that just a dream that I subconsciously hoped to become a reality? Whatever it was, all I knew was that I had to find Itachi before it was too late.

Hopping out of bed, I bathed and dressed quickly. Running a brush through my wet hair, I pinned it up in a bun, tucking the rebel strands behind my ears. Zipping up my baggy jacket, I made for the door, running out into the hall. I ran through the streets, out to the main road. It wasn't long before I reached the outskirts of the village, the morning sun, glistening on the dew covered grass. I wasn't here to admire nature, however, I was here to find Itachi.

All of the sudden I paused. It was the perfect opportunity. The perfect opportunity to return to Konaha and my life as a shinobi. But then again, the Leaf didn't want me. I was an outsider and a plague, all because of the mistakes I made as a child. Forever forced to a life of scorn, never accepted because of who I married. I looked down at the necklace I wore around my neck, thinking back to what Itachi had said. Never once had he laid eyes on another woman, and he had even gone so far as to call me beautiful. Of course, that could have just been him trying to get me to trust him, but....

It seemed that my mind had been made up for me. I turned my back in them. On the village I had once called home. Konaha didn't want me, so there was no point in trying to make them. I would forge my own path, following my heart instead of what I had though was right. Itachi had walked back into my life, and turned everything I belived in upside down. Maybe my suspicions against the Hokage and the elders had been right.

Maybe there was more to the massacre than meets the eye.

Picking up my pace, I ran along the road, sniffing and cough every now and then, as I still suffered from the cold I had gotten. If there was anything I wa still angry with Itachi for, it was for making all of us walk outside in the rain. It obviously hadn't done him any favors either. I had noticed how pale and sickly he had looked, obviously deprived of food and sleep. Whatever Itachi did, he didn't take care of himself, that was for sure.

After a while, I began to lose hope. The hope that I'd ever find Itachi. The long stretch of road was empty and lonely, no signs if anyone else in sight. And as more clouds gathered in the distance, I grew more disheartened. What if this was it? What if my chance to save Itachi had already come and gone, completely wasted by my own suspicions? Maybe Itachi and I would always be separated by miles and miles of regrets and reality. Neither of us were in the same place in life anymore. He was a criminal and I, a jounin of Konaha. Maybe hopes of finding him were futile and naive.

I sighed, shuffling my feet. How naive of me to think I'd actually be able to find him. Looking up I brushed my bangs out of my eyes, and then.....I saw him. With renewed determination I picked up my pace, running as fast as I could to catch up with him and Kisame. I was so close, I wasn't going to let them leave me behind once again.