Chapter 13

If I told you this was only gonna hurt
If I warned you that the fire's gonna burn
Would you walk in?
Would you let me do it first?
Do it all in the name of love

Would you let me lead you even when you're blind?
In the darkness, in the middle of the night
In the silence, when there's no one by your side
Would you call in the name of love?

In the name of love
Name of love
In the name of love
Name of love~

|In the name of Love~Bebe Rexha and Martin Garrix◇|

Deceit from those you know already despise you is one one thing, but deceit from someone you know loves you dearly is a kind of hurt that is near to unbearable.

At least......I thought Itachi loved me.

Even though my heart told me he loved me dearly, my head told me differently. Itachi lied to me a lot, I knew that much, but wether he was doing it out of malice, or a strong desire to protect me.....I wasn't sure anymore. Sometimes I had faith in his love, my heart burning with love for him in return. But at the end of the day, all the lies and deceit left me with nothing but ashes in its wake. I had thought that we were past this, that I was past my doubts and fears, but apparently that wasn't so. Honestly, I was beginning to think that it wasn't Itachi at all, that it never had been. It was me. It was always me and my little delusions and paranoias. Always afraid of rejection and betrayal, but it was all in my head. Just like a girl....

No. Not even that. It wasn't because girls do this. That wasn't something I could just dump the blame on. No.....it was all me. I was the one placing the seed of doubt. I was the one....

Betraying him.

That night, I tossed and turned, unable to sleep with the memory of Itachi coughing up so much blood still fresh on my memory. He hadn't eaten anything at dinner either, and I was very much worried about him. Turning over on my side, I gazed at the raven laying next to me. His pained expression the only sign of his suffering. I knew that he was probably plagued with nightmares, and his illness probably didn't help him sleep easy either. I let my gaze take in the beauty his face held despite his pain. Itachi truly was the most beautiful person I'd ever laid eyes on, and I now felt guilty for ever even considering Kiba.

I froze, seeing that Itachi was stirring. I glanced at the clock, seeing that it was nearly one am. Itachi sat up abruptly, shivering as he panted hard. I closed my eyes most of the way, pretending to still be asleep. But through my lashes, I could see the misery in Itachi's eyes, the tears staining his pale, gaunt cheeks. Itachi turned his gaze to me, his pained expression turning into one of pure love. Placing a feathery kiss on my brow, he slipped out of bed and tiptoed out of the room.

Though Itachi had seemed to be in such pain, I suddenly felt the turmoil in my soul soothed by his chaste kiss. The gaze of pure love that Itachi had given me. Feeling assured, I suddenly felt waves of exhaustion crashing over me, dragging me under into the realm of dreams, despite how much I fought it.

When I awoke again, it was still dark outside, the clock reading three am. Stretching, I turned over to find that Itachi wasn't in bed, but sitting on the window sill, gazing out into the moonlit night. The silvery moon beams danced and shivered on Itachi's pale features, making him look ghostly. He was so still, that if it weren't for the flutter of his lashes and the shaky breaths, I would have thought him dead.

"Itachi?" I mumbled, my voice cracking as I shivered.

Itachi jerked, his gaze shooting me, his beautiful onyx orbs filled with pools of worry and concern. "Hinata?" He muttered, slipping off his perch. The lines on his face deepened as he frowned, his onyx gaze flashing a brilliant crimson responding to his distress as he swept over to me.