Chapter 1 •New beggings•

Naila

" Mom I promise ill be fine and plus ill be staying with Demi when i first get there." I reassured my mother as I packed my suitcase.

I just graduated college with a degree in fashion design and was offered and internship with Nike for 2 1/2 months. They selected three graduates to intern other designers for the yearly magazines they release.

I was selected as one of the three people they were handing internships out to and i coudnt be more excited.

Today is the day I fly out to Los Angeles to begin this journey.

" I know baby, I just want to make sure you're ready and all set to go." My mother answered as she helped me pack up my last bag.

" I kind of have no choice but to be ready" I chuckled " but I'm extremely grateful I was even considered and I wouldn't miss this opportunity for the world. Plus I get to spend time with my sister and niece which I also will never pass up." I stated mater-of-factly.

After we finished packing up we brought my suitcases to the car so my mom could bring me to the airport.

/airport/

"Thank ma." I smiled hugging her tightly. "No problem baby be safe and have a safe flight." She pulled away kissing my cheek, "and tell my other babies I love them when you land." She smiled softly as I grabbed my last suitcase out of the trunk, " will do." I smiled

"Bye baby!" She waved as i walked towards the airport. "Bye mom!" I waved backed before turning back to the airport.

I went through check in and security check before heading to a Starbucks to grab some breakfast.

As I walked up to the line i checked the time on my phone seeing 7:05am , 20 minutes until my flight starts to board.

I waited until my order was done before making my way over to my gate. I checked the time as I sat down seeing I know had 10 minutes before we boarded which was enough time to eat so I didn't have to rush.

I scrolled on Instagram as I ate my breakfast looking at some outfit for inspiration. As I was finishing up my sandwich i was snapped out of my concentration as the intercom came on "Flight 333 to Los Angeles boarding now, i repeat flight 333 to los Angeles boarding now."

I got up rolling my suitcase over to a trash to throw away my wrappers before heading into the line to board.

I sat down in my seat, which was next to the window, taking out my air pods as I lifted the shade covering the window. It was cloudy outside in New York like it was about to rain. I quickly snapped a picture before putting my air pods in.

"Here I come" I texted my sister along with the picture before looking for a movie to watch.

I relaxed back in my seat as i found a movie that I was interested in.

"Welcome to flight 333 to Los Angeles, it is currently 7:35am here in New York. We will be taking off shortly thankyou for flying with Delta." A woman's voice was heard throughout the plane.

/ Los Angeles/

I stepped off the plane, throwing my carry on over my shoulder as I started heading towards baggage claim.

I spotted my suitcase and quickly grabbed it so i did  not have to wait for it to come back around.

"Damn its hot as hell" I mumble to myself as I was outside the airport. I pull out my phone to call my sister as I look around me to se if I see her. Right as her voicemail come on i see my niece running in my direction

"TITI!" she yelled as her little legs ran down the side walk. "NALA!" I yelled as i met her halfway. I crouched down to her level as she ran into my arms. " i missed you princess." I smiled before kissing her cheek. " i miss you too titi." she flashed her smiles showing her small dimples.

" Hey sis." My sister smiled as she embraced me into a hug. i hugged her back tightly as we rocked back and forth.

Its been awhile since I've been able to come see my sister, especially since senior year was kicking my ass and I missed her so much. " I missed you little sis." She flashed a smile after pulling away. " Trust I missed you more" I  stated as she helped me with my bags

" Welcome to Cali" She placed her hand on my shoulder as I looked at the palm trees we passed heading to her car. " I cant believe I'm really here." I mumbled while placing my bags in her trunk.

Well here's to a new beginning.

Naila:

Demi:

Nala:

Nala: