Chapter 8 •surprise•

I PROMISE THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME SKIP FOR AWHILE!!

I know the story had a slow start but we're officially getting the ball rolling!

Naila

1 month later...

It's almost been a month since my internship ended with Nike and I'm now back home in New York.

I was offered an opportunity with an up and coming fashion designer who originated in New York, she was having her first ever fashion show and wanted me to be one of her stylist and I couldn't pass it up.

I was home under my cover in my pajamas because I was currently under the weather. Thank god I don't work every single day or if I do I have a lot of work I can do from home.

I turned over to my side getting comfortable before opening my laptop. I opened the file that contained pieces that would be apart of the wardrobe for the show.

As I clicked through the pictures a knock was heard at my door, "come in"

"Hey baby." My mother smiled peeking her head in my door, "I'm headed out to work and I left you breakfast in the microwave. If you keep throwing up your food call me and come by my job I'll run some test on you cuz it might not be the stomach bug." She finished.

"Alright ma thank you, have a good day at work I love you." She kisses my cheek before leaving my room.

I turned my attention back to my laptop before going back to work.

I closed my computer sitting up in my bed before putting on my slippers

I was having a really bad headache and started feeling nauseous, I figured it was because it was about to be 12 o'clock and I haven't ate anything so I got up heading to the kitchen.

I heated up the food left in the microwave before heading back upstairs.

As I was eating and scrolling through outfits my phone rang causing me to put my plate down and answer the phone.

"Hey girl!" Ariel's face popped up on my screen. "Hey sis!" I smiled back.

"Soo how's your new project been treating you?" She asked as I watched her walk into her bedroom. "Good honestly, I've been having so much fun creating these looks, I can't believe I'm really a stylist for a fashion show." I said before eating a piece of bacon. "I know I'm proud of you."

There was a slight pause before she continued, "I was calling because for my birthday I was planning on renting out a house in Malibu with a couple of my friends and staying there for the weekend, I'll be throwing a party on the day of my birthday of course."

"Oh my gosh yes I'm down! I can't lie I miss Cali so any excuse I have to go out there I'm taking it!" I said dramatically causing us both to laugh. "You like the men out here too huh?" She smirked at me. "Girl bush I haven't even spoken to him since our last day at Nike. Nala brought up he asked about my number again but he never came to me and asked again so I took it as he ain't really care to have it anymore." I shrugged.

"What if a little birdie told me he asked about you after you left." She paused waiting for me to say something. "A little birdie like who?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Juan." My eyes opened big, "Juan who? Juan Anderson?"

"Yeah..." she said lowly.

"Bitch when was you gonna tell me!" I placed my hand over my heart acting like my feelings were hurt.

"It's nothing serious. And plus we recently just started talking that's how I know Jordan still be asking about you."

"Asking about me like what?" I raised my eyebrow

"I don't know exactly. But Juan told me once he found out Juan and I started talking he asked him if he could ask me for your number because 'he wants to see how you doing' " she said putting his words in air quotes.

" I don't get it, he had my number and never used it or lost it and then tries to get my number from Nala and from you, like why couldn't he just come ask me himself."

"Maybe he feels like you'll tell him no." She shrugged, "maybe because I will. He had it already and I feel like if he wanted me that bad he would've applied more pressure." I said nonchalantly.

"True" Ariel nodded her head, "well I gotta get to cleaning up this house I'll call you later."

"Alright love you!" I say blowing her a kiss, "I love you too." She chuckled before ending the call.

No more than 1 minutes later I felt extremely nauseous and knew my food would be coming up.

I rushed to the bathroom opening the toilet before throwing up all the food I just ate.

I wiped the corners of my mouth as I stood up before going over to the sink the brush my teeth.

Let me listen to my mom and go get this checked out.

I sent my mother a text telling her I was heading to the hospital before heading out.

"Hey Naila baby!" One of my moms coworkers walked into the room walking over the me as I sat on the bed. "Hey Ms.Patty." I smiled at her

"What being you in today?" She asked me as she wrote some things down on her clip board.

"We'll I thought I had the stomach bug because I've been throwing up everything I eat, some of it even taste weird" I stated, "I've also been getting migraines along with some cramping but I'm not sure if that's just because I keep getting constipated." I told her everything I've been experiencing for a couple weeks now.

She stood there quietly for a few moments writing down everything I said, "ok well we're going to run some blood and urine test right after I check your vitals."

"Ok." I said taking off my hoodie.

I scrolled on my phone and sipped my water as I waited for my test results and honestly I've been waiting for awhile.

The door open and I snapped my head up seeing my mom walk in, "hey ma."

"Hey baby." She lightly smiled at me as she walked over.

"Ma can you ask Ms.Patty how much longer my results are going to take I've been waiti-"

"Naila you're pregnant."

I froze looking at my mother, she had to be joking right?

"Ma stop playing with me, what do you mean." I raised my eyebrow looking at her as I felt my heart race and my hands get sweaty.

"You're pregnant Nai." She spoke softly, " around a month and a half to be exact."

I couldn't even think straight to form any other words.

I'm pregnant? But how didn't I know? How? Just how?

"Congratulations baby, you got this, we got this." My mother walked over hugging me too tight in her arms.

I felt a few tears run down my face and I couldn't tell you if they were happy tears or sad tears all I know is I can't believe I'm pregnant.