Chapter 02

The burial of dear Pirrip happened with the presence of the still crying girl who is confused why her Pirrip doesn't wake up and console her and feed her as usual. She doesn't even understand why a huge man is holding her little hands in front of a coffin. Not that she know what a coffin is, but she saw her beloved Pirrip laying in there ignoring her cries while looking like he is in peaceful slumber. Everything happened so fast. The funeral ended and Pirrip was buried under the shelter of a huge tree amidst the cold snowy weather. Dear Pirrip left her in the hands of her second guardian angel Andrius De Loca whose heart has already started melting for the affection he had for the little innocent girl. 

After saying final farewell to Pirrip, Andrius took Thea to his mansion. Then only little Thea had finally be aware about her surrounding. It's a huge warm place with a roof above her head. She has never had a proper place to stay, she and Pirrip used to stay in the pavement or bus stands. She doesn't know how much the De Loca mansion is big, she only felt the warmth and she only needed that. Andrius stood next to her while looking at her and cleared his throat to get her attention. 

"Are you hungry little one?" Andrius softly asked. Thea looked at him with her doe eyes filled with tears. She is hiccuping now. Unknowingly her little tummy grumbled before letting her give an answer to the unknown man's question.

Andrius took it as a reply and went straight to the kitchen while holding now silently hiccuping Thea. He sat her on a kitchen stool and started to make a milk shake and a sandwich for Thea. Thea silently observed him and by now her hiccups have been subsided.

Andrius served her the sandwich and the milk shake and Thea looked at it without uttering anything. "Why don't you try a bite from this sandwich? Hmm" He said with a softness which he never thought he had.

Thea just shook her head and her tears started appearing again. She remembered about her Pirrip who fed her but now Pirrip is no more to feed her with her teary eyes she looked at Andrius who look panicked and said "I want Pirrip. Where is my Pirrip?"

At that moment the Andrius who always had a reply to anything felt lost for words. He couldn't muster up courage to tell the innocent little child that nothing lasts forever. He raked for the most subtle words to tell Thea that Pirrip is gone forever.

"Little one, angels took your Pirrip to see the stars and they promised to look after him and asked me to take care of you since Pirrip is with angels" Andrius slowly said. Little Thea stared at him in ao much pain and mumbled "Why didn't Pirrip took me with him? Doesn't he want me anymore?". Andrius heart shattered with her words because she thinks that Pirrip doesn't want her. And quickly said that "No princess he wants you to be happy. His time in the world is over. Thats why he had to go. So don't be sad. He wants you to be happy while he is away. And I promise him with my life to keep you happy till my last breath" he said while taking a silent oath to keep her safe and warm till the day he dies. He let his words to sink in her little heart and continued to say "so princess can you please let me to look after you like Pirrip did and be there for you".

After hearing Andrius words Thea slowly nodded her head and said "promise me you would never leave me. Okay".

"I promise you princess. I'm never leaving you". Andrius said meaning every word. Little Thea soon hugged him and Andrius felt an immense happiness and affection he can't describe and hold her tight in his embrace. 

After sometime Andrius softly said "Now come lets eat okay" and helped her to eat her sandwich. 

A/N

Hello guys can you give me a feedback please. Your comments are highly appreciated ❤️