At home

(Manusri talking)

I couldn't go back to class and came back home directly from the canteen...

My mom didn't return from work...
After I returned home, in sometime ...I felt chills and shivers all over my body...
I slept through it and I got a dream again of a place near a river and this time the boy from college appeared along with me...

We seem to be very happy with our life but at the same time, I was afraid of something or someone... by the time I woke up it was dark in the night and my body temperature shot up...

My mom came back from work,saw me sleeping and didn't wake me up... I got up with some difficulty and stumbled upon something and reached kitchen to eat something first...I didn't want to wake mom because she would be more tired....

She cooked some rice and dal for me... I didn't have any appetite because of my fever but I managed to eat some food and had some medicine for my fever...

Again the thoughts of the boy came across my mind... his piercing look,sharp nose and his slightly opened mouth when he looked at me...

I have seen him somewhere I thought...I cracked my mind to remember where... I slept through it again and I had nightmares and dreams and I woke up sweating and I couldn't sleep again...morning I didn't want to go to college and decided to take leave...
My mom came to my room in the morning... she seemed concerned looking at me...
"Are u ok Manu? You don't seem well... what happened to you"... i lied "it 's just a fever ma... I am perfectly alright"
"I made u some porridge... have it in the morning... I will come early in the evening to check on u.. take rest and don't see phone too much"... she said...

I lied down the bed and closed my eyes...