#9

"Aarif, what did you hear dear?" My curious mom entered the chat.

He thinks and tries to figure out how he's gonna tell my mom.

*He shares everything with his mom* I shook my head.

"Darling, Aarif what you're thinking? c'mon tell me" mom insisted him

He keeps staring at me and again at my mom. So she asked him not to look at me and told him to let out everything.

"Ma, Sriti came to pick me up near my school. I find it odd when she keeps on checking out her phone and rarely looked at me also usually she is talkative but that day on the bus she talked just three words saying "sorry Aarif, it's important. I need to attend the call" she didn't keep her phone down. I was so angry. She ignores me whenever I wanted to ask her what happened so I barely gave her attention after coming the home. She didn't eat dinner, You all were okay with that. I got a headache thinking about what got into her behaving weirdly. When she thinks I slept already that's when I overheard everything. As I suspected it's about Icy sister as far as I know" Aarif stared at me showing his angry face because of not sharing anything with him.

It seems he found something was off with me from the beginning when I went to pick him up.

*Aish*

I down my face.

"Come to the point, dear" mom doubted as I thought why the hell is my mom putting her nose in everything.

"Umm, mom that. Thatt" he hesitated

"Ma, you're making me uncomfortable," I said while looking at her.

"Okay, zip-locked, I won't ask anything" she hmphed after the zip lock sign.

"Maa, it's not like that" I hit her hand jokingly.

She pouted like a little child. I am never a fan of elders behaving childishly.

I grimaced at her expression which she ignored as expected.

I smiled tightly.

My brother noticed everything.

He was about to say something but mom's phone rang and she ran to answer it but the call cut. She says it was from Icy's mom. She tried calling her. Icy's mom answered mom's call.

Now I'm curious about what they are talking about.

They talked for just 1 minute and I felt her call was disconnected too early.

*What's with that sudden call?*

After hanging up, mom looked at me and asked "are you gonna hang out with friends tomorrow?"

I said, "yes, we planned to study together."

"A group study?" My brother asked.

"Yes, Aarif" I answered back.

"I don't know whether you'll study or talk about that Arsh." My brother teased me while looking at my mom.

My mom's eyes broadened.

"You have to tell me what you've studied there or else I won't allow you to go there."

"Wait, where? Where you're gathering?" She asked me

"At Sravani's place," I replied.

"Okay, as I said don't be playing around. Be serious." She warned me.

I bowed her saying "will respect your words and act accordingly"

"That's good to hear and yeah like Aarif said don't talk about that man. I am getting goosebumps whenever you mention him." She shook her body.

"He seems nice person" I nodded at my own words.

Aarif started teasing me saying "what he did to you. You act as if you fell for him?"

He continued "moreover there is something between Icy sister and that man. I can sense it. When I was overhearing, you were tensed about that man finding out the truth. I have no idea what truth you're hiding from him but please be careful about people. Never trust anyone cause you seemed like crying last night. I would have come and talked with you but for some reason, I didn't do that."

The last sentence hit me.

"Oh yeah old man" I scoffed at him

My mom and I laughed at his over-matureness.

I asked him to come with me to talk about last night.

He came and asked me "what?"

I wanted to know so I asked him "What exactly did you hear. Did you see something?"

He sighed "why should I tell you?"

"C'mon tell me Aarif" I insisted.

"On the bus, you just said that someone was injured and you were asking about that to Sravani sister. As I said I couldn't ask much of you so I kept quiet. When I realized, you were talking to Sravani sister about a man who lost someone close to him, I had nothing on my mind but I saw you were looking at your phone and about to cry. I was worried Sri and I heard everything but was still confused"

"Hmm," I replied.

I tried to remember what happened last night

*Sravani updated me every 5mins about his condition. She called me and we were talking about what the doctor have said*

I fell into my thoughts completely. He waved his hands a little away from my face and got my attention.

"What you are thinking? Just leave it. Everything will be fine"

I smiled at him and told him to leave after ensuring he doesn't tell anyone about last night.

I tried recalling

About last night,

Sravani sent me one video. The video is about Arsh.

In that video, he blurts out a few things.

He was saying the relationship between him and the person who died because of Icy.

I pitied him more after seeing his video clip.