𝐂𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐄

"to find healing by the process of forming scars"

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒, 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀          |          𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒,
𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀          |          𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

"Louisiana has to be number one on the list of America's most boring states! I still don't understand why you're both making me come with you here." Brittany complained from the backseat.

Four and a half hours into a road trip, the excitement there once lived inside of the teenager dialed down into inpatient suspense no later than two hours in. The roads ahead were all accompanied by a sea of dust over rigged concrete, the road signs in the neighboring city were not even lime green anymore, but what appeared to be rusting; The paint of the loud directions fading off its metallic post. It was near difficult to read the directions as the fine dust to wind ratio produced the product of its dirty appearance.

Brittany was convinced they were traveling the wrong way when her mothers spent over ten minutes arguing back at a dead-end zone. Nicole had been driving as Bey provided the directions all from memory though she'd never been to the location in person. If she were remembering correctly, taking the backroads would save the family more time in comparison to taking an Interstate route.

Bey replied, "Because, it's a family vacation and you're too young to stay home alone."

Her head had been slumped over onto the window, hand under chin. For the entire car ride, the woman hardly spoke a word — Not to her teenager that did more than whine and gripe every thirty minutes when disappointed in the answer she'd receive when she asked if they were there yet, and not to her wife unless she was calling out the next direction.

To say she was tired had to be an understatement and not only tired but irritated.

Lately, any and everything was a match towards sparking Bey's flame of irritation. Especially if it were coming from Nicole. The way she cleaned the dishes, the excessively long showers she took, using up all of the hot water. Bey called her out on taking too long showers and leaving her to have to wait over an hour for the hot water tank to heat up again. Ever since, Nicole had been using the bathroom down the hall beside Brittany's bedroom to get ready for work in the morning and only took her hot showers then so Bey could have all the hot water she could possibly need at night.

Even Nicole breathing too hard was the uttermost maddening to Bey. There hasn't been a day that's gone by in the last week that the two weren't butting heads about something. Nicole would swear that Bey was provoking her for a grand reaction and Bey was certain Nicole was provoking her even more by the way she put up no genuine fight. It wasn't so much that she wanted to argue, but every time she spoke to Nicole, Nicole complied as quietly as she could.