𝐕𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐘

"naïve innocence"

𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐖𝐈𝐒

𝟏𝟎:𝟐𝟔 𝐏𝐌 | 𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

It took hours, arriving upon the first police department in sight, or so it seemed. For the absolute long miles speeding cautiously down the straight and narrow roads, passing by acres of verdant land and forsook-appearing buildings of the menacing town, the vehicle swerved into its parking lot, braking front and center of the entrance. The reality of its standing time hadn't rolled past ten-thirty in the night, which had only been about an hour drive out of the way from 666 Bayou Path.

For all of the tension crowding the inside of the vehicle, stemming from both, the mother and daughter, time was the only thing rather anticipated. With so much to be said and no idea where to start and even more questions to be asked without a clue in mind of where to begin querying. The full ride to the station had been one of the most chilling and uneasy on both accounts of fear and suspicion. And up until the engine slowly died out by the abrupt snag of the key out of its ignition, neither spoke to one another.

"Mama—"

"Hurry up, we don't have all the time in the world." Bey rushed out of her seatbelt, unbuckling the clasp and pushing herself out of the vehicle's door.

Brittany followed shortly on her mother's heels. Her cheeks stained with tears, heart racing for consolation, the events having just transpired in the last hour were haunting the reality right ahead of her and for the first time ever, she didn't feel an iota of comfort with her mother. She'd watch her turn into someone she would've never thought her to be — a cold-blooded murderer — and as much as she wanted to believe the overprotective mother was only doing her job, protecting her, nothing could possibly wipe the image of her cracking open an old woman's skull. Or burning a pregnant woman alive, trapped inside a deadly vehicle.