↳ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈

"inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality"

𝟐:𝟓𝟖 𝐏𝐌 | 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐑

"I told you, there's nothing to worry about." A calm Nicole assured a relentless Bey.

After showcasing a set of photos to the woman, taken on either camera, the possibilities of the unknown figure in Bey's photos from the morning being a distortion in her film was considerable. Since the personal Canon displayed the same glare from the morning while her work camera captured the clear, blue sky and only that, Nicole was positive her wife had only freaked herself out and convinced herself that it was truly more than what it seemed.

"Now, would you give this a break? No one is following or spying on us and you obviously need a new camera."

Bey hadn't uttered a single word, too perplexed by the reality before her eyes. She could bet that there was no possible way it was her camera although it had been old enough and certainly used past its life-warranty. Just yesterday, it worked perfectly fine and she had pictures to prove it. Perfect quality, no dashes, scratches, glitches, or bends in the film. Something wasn't right but Nicole was making sense and standing in the moment of now, she couldn't argue with what was right in her face.

"I think you should take a break from all of this work too. Just for a little while until you've calmed down from that stomach bug." Nicole prompted. "It's probably messing with your head and meshing a bunch of nothings together. You could use the time to breathe away from all of that yourself."

Before Bey knew it, they were approaching the patio door of the home after twenty minutes of rooting around beyond the lake and woods. Taking pictures in the shade and sun and even vacant spaces with the lens covered, readjusted, and tampered with to prove the unknown figure was nothing.

"I - I can't stop now," Bey stammered to get out. "I have editing left to do, that's basically it."

"Well then, that should be easy to let rest for a minute, right? You can come back to it-"

"No, it'll take the longest. That's why I waited to do this last and I don't really want to put it off to the side because I want to get it over with now and enjoy the rest of the break without worrying about getting it done in time."

"When is the due date?"

Bey frowns upon the question. "Nicole, there is no "due date," it's not a college essay. In time, meaning when it's time to showcase this property and possibly before that because I don't like doing things at the last minute. If I could get it done before we leave, that'll be great." She explained, walking through the door the shorter woman held open. "It'll take about a day or half of one."