six

Odette was dressed in a red plaid shirt, ripped black skinny jeans, and combat boots, creating a simple yet stylish outfit

She slung her bag over her shoulder as she made her way through the crowded school hallway, eventually reaching her locker. After entering her combination, she swung it open and stowed her bag inside.

Unexpectedly, hands wrapped around Odette's waist and suddenly her feet were no longer on the floor. She let out a squeal as Eli lifted her higher, chuckling.

When she was placed back down on the floor, her eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

Eli, her once soft and innocent best friend who always tried to blend in, now stood before her with a bold blue mohawk. Instead of his usual sweatshirt and dark pants, he was now wearing a muscle tee and shorts.

He was a completely different person.

"Eli? What....?" Odette trailed off in confusion.

"You like it?" Eli asked confidently with a smirk. "I flipped the script just like my Sensei from Cobra Kai told me to."

Odette raised her eyebrows in surprise. "You joined Cobra Kai?"

One night Odette decided to research Cobra Kai. She discovered that Johnny Lawrence, the middle-aged man she had met in the boys' locker room when Miguel was attacked by Kyler and his goons, had reopened Cobra Kai to reclaim his life and had become a Sensei to a whole new generation of students.

"Yeah." He answered, biting down on his lip. "Oh, and I go by 'Hawk' now. I also have got a large hawk tattoo on my back."

Odette was speechless. Eli reached out and lifted the corners of her mouth up. It was one of the oldest tricks that never failed to make her smile.

"Hey, O." Miguel greeted as he approached them, his backpack hanging off his shoulder.

"Catch you later, O." Hawk called out and walked away.

Odette then turned to Miguel. "What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you could help me ask Sam out on a date?" Miguel wondered nervously fumbling with his fingers and shifting his gaze to the ground.

"Sure." She replied with a tight-lipped smile. "Um... Sam prefers fun and simple dates, but not overly simple. Just approach her and ask if she'd like to go on a date with you. Just be yourself and avoid being too awkward, girls can pick up on that."

Miguel let out a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you so much, Odette. You're a lifesaver."

"Anytime. When are you going to ask her?"

"I'm thinking of asking her after lunch."

"Good luck. And if you ever need advice on anything related to girls, I'm here for you." Odette offered.