ten

Life can be strange

Life can be strange.

One minute you can go from a nerd who knows nothing to an asshole who thinks they know everything.

Sometimes you make friends only to lose them in seconds. Other times, you lie in bed and question what you've done to become the person you are today.

Odette Johnson laid in bed and began to wonder what could've been different about her life. She was unsure of what she truly desired at the moment, feeling confused and somewhat hurt.

Her friends had gone out of their way to hurt someone to win, a tactic she did not agree with. She believed in fair play and was never taught to win at the expense of others.

Odette crawled out of the warm bed, her hair tangled as if a bird had made a nest in it overnight.

She walked down the stairs with a yawn, rubbing the exhaustion from her eyes. As she turned the corner into the kitchen, she spotted a plate of muffins on the counter and Oliver was seated there, enjoying his cereal.

"Hey, I heard Daniel LaRusso is opening his dojo." Oliver informed.

Odette raised her eyebrows. "And?"

"Well, I think with all the Cobra Kai drama going on with your friends, it might be a good opportunity for you. Just like the time when mum and dad passed." He suggested.

"Maybe." She replied, grabbing a muffin from the kitchen counter and taking a bite. "I mean, it would take my mind off things. I'll drop by later in the day."

••••

During the day, Daniel and Robby were at Miyagi-Do, where Daniel uncovered his vintage cars by removing the tarps. The two began cleaning and repairing the building, getting it ready to become an official dojo.

After Mr. Miyagi's passing, he left his entire antique car collection and the house, which also served as a dojo to Daniel in his will.

Odette entered Miyagi-Do through the gates, wearing a blue blouse and ripped shorts with brown ankle boots. Her hair was up in a messy ponytail with loose strands falling down the sides of her face.

She passed a row of old cars and made her way to the backyard, where she admired the beautiful surroundings. It was evident that Robby had put in a lot of effort into maintaining the place, with waxing, sanding, painting, and other karate training disguised as cleaning.

Robby had just finished a long day at Miyagi-Do, assisting Daniel in cleaning up and preparing the dojo for new students. As he worked, his shoulder gradually healed, allowing him to remove his cast.

"Wow, great job." Odette praised, running her finger along the freshly painted fence.

"Do you like my work?" Robby asked as he walked towards her. "Mr. LaRusso had me sand the entire dojo."