seven

At school, Sam dragged Odette through the crowded halls towards the classroom where Miguel was taking his SAT prep test

At school, Sam dragged Odette through the crowded halls towards the classroom where Miguel was taking his SAT prep test. The halls were bustling with students, and they had to navigate through the crowd, disregarding the complaints from some people.

Miguel had been acting strange for the past few days, and Sam was determined to find out what was going on. She needed Odette by her side for moral support.

Finally, the bell rang, and student started pouring out of the classroom, including Miguel and Demetri. The two teen boys were engrossed in a conversation when Miguel suddenly looked up and locked eyes with Sam.

A wide smile lit up Sam's face as she maneuvered through the crowd to get to him.

"Hey!" Sam greeted enthusiastically, her smile unwavering.

"Hey." Miguel replied in a flat tone.

There was a moment of silence before the couple leaned in and kissed each other. Demetri and Odette exchanged glances before she awkwardly cleared her throat, signaling to their friends that they were still present.

The new couple pulled apart awkwardly and blushed.

"I'll meet you." Demetri said to Miguel before he walked away.

Odette turned to Sam and nodded. "I'm going to head out. I'll see you later."

With that, Odette tuned and walked down the hallway next to Demetri, her hands sliding down his arm. He glanced down at her and shook his head slightly with a smirk.

"I hate being lonely." Demetri muttered.

Odette looked up at him with a smirk. "Well, we can be single together."

••••

After school, Odette went straight home and began studying. She had a Spanish test approaching in a few days that she needed to excel in to keep her grade up. While she felt secure in her other subjects, Spanish always presented a challenge for her.

Letting out a groan, she flipped onto her bed and stared at her Spanish textbook with a slight pout.

Her phone started ringing and vibrating against her leg. Without checking the caller ID, she answered the call.

"Hello?" She said.

"Odette?" Aisha's voice came through the phone. "Where are you right now?"

"I'm in my bedroom, studying for my Spanish test. Why?" Odette responded.

"The Cobras and I are crashing Yasmine's birthday party at the Canyon tonight at five o'clock. Want to join?"

Odette checked the time on her watch and realized it was already four o'clock.

"Sure, I'll be there."

"Cool, see you there." Aisha said before ending the call.

Odette placed her phone on the bed and started picking out an outfit for the party.