Chapter Eighteen

Athena's POV

"You sure you don't have anyone? You told me you were trying really hard to find ways to move on. Are you sure you're telling me the truth?"

My tiresome roommate keeps standing in front of me with a straight serious face just to ask me the same old questions. And he never seems to stop earlier. I'm not counting the times I've sighed anymore.

"I'm not with anyone, Harry."

I already know that he has been nosy before, but it is still strange that he would ask me about that at any price. Did I do anything to make him curious? Or did he just realize the lies I've told? And he got furious because of that? Oh, please. It only increases my fear. Seriously, why is he asking me about it all of a sudden?

"You definitely have a guy," he speaks in a kind of scary deep voice.

"I told you I don't!" I raise my voice unintentionally loud, and even I am surprised about it. Still, I feel the persistence of the quintessence. "How many times do I have to say it?"

His glare does not abate. And soon, he shouts back, "Then who is Kyle!"

I freak out when I hear the name come from his mouth.

Wait, did I mention Kyle to him before?

"How do you know about him?" I ask in spite of myself.

"That day," he utters in a deep tone, his voice almost shrinking. "You went out with your makeup and your new little dress on, and you did say you were going out with your friend, but I presumed it was with a guy. When you came back, you were completely drunk and could barely walk, so Kyle carried you here, and that's what happened. He met me, and we were both gazing at each other with a sense of rivalry. As I speak to him for asking who he was to you, his answer was your boyfriend."

Oh.

Excuse me, what?

Boyfriend?

I literally have no idea about Kyle's statement. He must have also been the freaked one, or Harry's enigmatic pressure got the better of him. Either way, he did a mistake.

"No, Harry. Kyle and I are not dating."

It is excessively draining that I get a text from Kyle at the wrong time. He is asking me out on a date. As soon as I ignore it, I hope Harry didn't see it. Now I put my phone away to look back at him.

He doesn't change his expression. "You don't reply to him? It would be a great date time."

I hold back my another sigh otherwise I would get extra exhausted. But I still didn't want him to see the text. More likely, I did not want Kyle to send me a text when I am in such close proximity to Harry.

I understand Harry doesn't mean what he said, it is just frustrating. And probably because I don't want to talk anymore, I swiftly get myself ready to leave.

Harry's POV

"Please Megan," I breathe out like I'm begging through my phone. "I need your help. Athena is now probably having fun with that damn guy."

With Megan's approval, she is on her way here now. My impatience never subsides and I just wonder where Athena is and what she is doing.

And how she laughs in front of him.

Of course she said she wasn't dating Kyle, yet I still know she is into him. Every time she gets a notification, she smiles like an idiot, looking so happy. And as soon as I show up, she fakes a straight face. Maybe she just doesn't realize it, but the smile always leaks onto her face.