Chapter Ten

Athena's POV

In the morning, at 11 am.

The sound of something entering the mailbox comes. Harry goes outside and checks it.

"There are some flowers in the mail for you. I don't know who did." Harry hands the bouquet to me and I stand still because a question comes into my head. I have no idea who sent it to me.

"You're as popular as ever," he says with a proud smile.

I look at the flowers. There is a small message card on it.

Dear Athena,

I really enjoyed the date last week. Seeing you smile is one of my favorite things, it makes me even more alive. I also have to thank you for calling me every day, even though you're so busy that we don't get to see each other often, it seems like we are always together and I'm so happy.

Let's go to many places together and make lots of memories!

-Kyle

I finish reading it at the same time as I find myself smirking. It's been about two months since I first met Kyle at the bar, and he sent me this with the message card on it.

Seems like a couple who just started dating.

"Who sent it?" Harry asks.

"One of my friends," I say, hiding it not to let him see. "Well, it's a guy."

He laughs. "I thought it would be, cause it's hard to imagine a girl giving flowers to a friend."

Well, that's true, I guess. No need to lie to him. "I gave Megan flowers at her birthday party, though."

He gives me a look of oh, meaning he is quite surprised. "Except special days," he utters again.

Before I can think of where to put these pretty flowers, I promptly pull out the card and tuck it away where Harry can't find it. It's such a short period of time, and yet I'm so on the edge. When the sound of something entering the mailbox comes again, my mind is extraordinarily harrowed. This time I open it, and am shocked to see another bouquet. There is also a small card on it. Then I see the words, Dear Harry.

"Harry, there's a bouquet for you, too."

He looks into the message card, unable to help his grin. "Ooh, a girl must've sent me. So sweet."

But then he sightly looks doubtful.

"You have a girl?" I ask though he seems he has no clue about it or who did the flower bouquet thing.

"Maybe," he still answers.

"Shall we stop our business?" I suggest in a light tone, sneakily teasing him. "The benefits thing."

He gives me a little look, more like mixed of complicated upsetness. "No, I still want to hook up with you."

Wow.

Weird.

We are so weird.

He's saying he just wants me for sex, and I say I'm okay with that.

"But we need to stop it if you're not single, Harry. We both have to move on, remember?"

He now looks at me with a confused face, though there is nothing to make us feel that way. "Alright, alright," he says. "I don't have a girlfriend, Athena. I literally have no idea who sent me this."