Chapter Forty-One

Athena's POV

When I regain consciousness, I'm already in a hospital bed. "How are you feeling, Athena?"

I turn my face next to me to see Harry. "Did you call the ambulance?"

"Yeah," he answers and takes my hand. "The doctor said that it was fortunate that I called an ambulance right away so that you could take an anti-stomach medicine right away, because if we had been one step later, the baby's life might have been lost. He was also saying that from now on, you should definitely live a life of rest."

I nod a little, half-smiling. "Thank you, Harry."

He puts his lips on my cheek, kissing it lightly. "I love you, babe."

"I love you, too."

Now that I look at him, feeling so peaceful with him. I'm really glad that Harry is back to that sweet Harry I first fell in love with. I know it's not exactly the same as the stones, but there are always things that remain the same. He's soft inside, caring, and he protects me.

Speaking of which, I may notice it is a little late, but there is only me and Harry in this room. "Where are Dad and Cindy?" I ask, looking around the room.

"They went to the police station and now they're in the interrogation room further explaining what your mother has done and confirming the shreds of evidence."

He releases my right hand from his grip and now begins to rub it with both of his hands. "It'll be alright soon, I guess. We have numerous strong pieces of evidence, and if we start a trial with this, your mother will totally lose."

Hearing his words, my cheeks relax. I'm relieved from the bottom of my heart that I can truly and officially cut ties with that shitty mother now. And I'll be able to give birth peacefully and live with Harry happily.

I hold his warm hand, bring it close to me, and kiss it lightly. I'm just looking forward to my life getting happier with this man.

"Babe," he says, showing me a smile full of his face. "Soon our baby will be born. I'm so excited about it."

"Yeah, me too." I bring my hand to my belly. "But I won't be called 'baby' anymore when a real baby is born, and I'm gonna miss it."

He brings his hand to my cheek and plays with it, lightly moving it around. "I won't stop calling you babe ever. You'll always be my baby."

I can't help but smirk. "You'll always be my good boy, too."

"Oh?" he says with a grin. "But you were the one who was begging on the knees for me."

"Well, you were the one who couldn't wait to have sex without a condom," I tease him back.

We both laugh happily in the private hospital room, and I'm feeling better now.

As Harry puts his hand on my head and tries to put me to sleep, I hear footsteps of someone entering this private room. At first, I think it is a doctor or a nurse, but when the person shows up in front of me, my body freezes and I'm unable to move.

Harry's the first one to speak. "Why are you here? Get out, now."

Kyle's eyes are now the bluest I've ever seen. He looks straight at me until I speak out. "What do you want?"

"I haven't gotten any answers from you yet."

I sigh deeply. "I told you, we're over. And I'm happy with Harry. Could you leave here now?"

He shakes his head. "What can I do to change your mind?"

"Nothing." I can't stand my tone getting stronger.