chapter 18

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

Chapter 18: the guitarist

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

Despite the worry in Ade's heart she walked in Merling the next day. She didn't want to see Karl despite Niki's words that he wanted to apologize.

She walked in and was immediately welcomed in by Aimsey and Bill who were working that day.

Niki was behind the front seeing as Aster has the day off. She waved at the pink haired girl who smiled at her. "Go and get a seat alright, I'll get your usual." She said and Ade chuckled before walking further in the café.

As she did, her phone lit up and it was a text from Adie saying she was gonna be staying at Chai's for a while.

She never really minded Adie staying over at friends, she was used to it so she just replied with an okay and stay safe.

But as she looked up she stopped when she saw Karl standing there. He was serving a young man his order.

Ade didn't know if she should walk away or just walk past him. So fighting her flight she moved to walk past him.

But as she did so, Karl noticed her, the guilt in the pit of his stomach was too much to handle so he turned, "Adeline." He said.

This made the writer stop and gulp. She didn't turn which made Karl sigh, "I'm sorry." He said. She merely nodded and walked away to her table.

Karl frowned but walked back to the front where Niki sent him a look, "That's what you get." she teased making him groan, "Stop it."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

As Ade was about to be given her order by Aimsey when she caught sight of someone. She tilted her head and studied him.

There sat beside her was a young man wearing a green hoodie and some cargo pants. His hoodie was down, his dirty blonde hair flopped on his head messily.

She looked at him with pursed lips, a guitar on his lap as he strummed some strings as he sighed.

A white mask covering the lower half of his face, but she could still see some freckles peeking out.

Ade sent Aimsey a look making the teen chuckle, "Alright do your thing so I can bring your order." She said.

The writer chuckled and shuffled closer to the guy, she cleared her throat making him turn to her. "Yeah?" he asked.

She smiled at him, "Hi, I just notice you a lot here and I don't know if you heard of me or if Niki mentioned me but I'm Ade." She said.

The young man's green eyes brightened and he chuckled, "Oh, you're the writer." He said. She smiled wider at her, "Yeah. So you have heard of me. That's a relief, I didn't want to intrude your work..." she trailed motioning to his guitar.

He looked down and chuckled, "Nah, I'm just learning some things." He said.

She hummed and nodded, "Well, do you mind some company?" she asked. He shrugged, "Company doesn't sound that bad." He said making them chuckle.

As she moved to the seat next to him, Aimsey walked to them and handed her, her drink and muffin.

"You like black coffee?" he asked. She looked at him and nodded, "I do. You don't?" she asked motioning to the iced tea beside him. He shook his head, "I don't necessarily enjoy it but I love muffins." He said.

Ade chuckled and nodded, breaking the muffin in half she offered him one. He smiled, "You're nice." He said.

"I would like to think so." She said with a laugh making him laugh. "I'm Dream." "Nice to meet you Dream."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

Ade could not remember the last time she laughed like that. She took note of his distinct laughter wherein she would say as a tea kettle but she would never tell him that.

Dream seemed like a cool person to be friends with. He was the only person that asked her about her life which she was shocked and intrigued by.

He was a great listener and she felt as though he was really taking in what she was saying.

Ade realized that he would only tell his side of his life when he could find something to relate to with her story.

She thought it was a great safety mechanism. As much as Dream was comfortable with her, he still had her reservations which she understood. Dream was the kind of guy who would welcome you with open arms but still would be hesitant to tell her all of his life.

Dream had a dream which is not ironic. He said coming from Florida was just a hassle. He didn't really want to move but he just had to get away to get to his dreams.

He had written multiple songs but was having trouble in giving in a tune. He knew how to play the guitar, it was one of the things that he knows playing which inspired him to write songs.

The problem one was he just couldn't get a tune out. Ade suggested talking to Wilbur whom he took into account.

The end of the day, Dream and Ade walked out of the Merling together. She let out a sigh of relief, "You know, coming back to Merling, I did not expect this would be the conversation to have." She said.

"Returning to Merling? You weren't supposed to come back? Were you done with your book?" Dream asked.

She chuckled and shook her head, "No I'm not. I'm just- the owner and I don't get along." She said.

Dream raised an eyebrow at her, "Karl?" he asked. She chuckled and nodded, "He has been very rude." She admitted.

He shook his head, "He isn't usually like that." "I don't think I can believe that." "Give it sometime." "Fine I'll trust you this time." She said as they shared a laugh.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚