Chapter One

"Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make." - Roy T. Bennett

Rob POV

In my car, I am going to my old college, Tulane University to give a lecture on Financial Analysis. My heart was beating faster as we drew closer to the campus. I stared up through the Bentley's dark-tinted windows into a blue L.A sky, looked into the sky to take my mind off going back there. In the blink of an eye I saw her. She had a mild pink pencil dress, a few inches below her knees. Her lips pink, and a smile so bright as the sun. I turned back to look at her but she vanished. Maybe I had just imagined her.

Maybe I am just daydreaming but this mistress of my dreams took my mind off of Kate.

The car stopped, and the door opened for me as I stepped out of the car. She came running towards me, jumped in my arms. Her lips locked with mine.

"There you are! I have been waiting forever for you to arrive. And finally." She said with the cutest smile and kissed me again.

"I am sorry honey, but it's for a good reason. I promise." I told her, putting her down, and bent over the window of my car and pulled out a bunch of red roses and a box of chocolate.

"Awww... those are so pretty!" She said,

"Happy Valentine's Day love!"

"Mr. Rodriguez! Mr. Rodriguez! Mr. Rodriguez! Are you okay Mr. Rodriguez!"

"Sir!" Martinez said, touching my shoulder, bringing me back to reality.

"Yes Martinez!" I answered him.

"Mr. Reyes, the dean of the university." Martinez introduced me.

"I am sorry Mr. Reyes, it's just that the university brings back memories." I told him.

"Well I really hope you can change your mind and do more than just one lecture, the students will be delighted to have you." The dean said to me, with a hopeful look.

The dean led the way to the classroom and introduced me to Professor McGregor, whose class I will be lecturing.

Professor McGregor introduced me to the class, I started out by answering a few questions. Most were from girls, wanting to know if I was single.

Click! Click! Click! The sound of heels coming from the entrance of the classroom caught my attention, mild pink heels, my eyes guided up her legs and when I landed on that mild pink dress again.

What the fuck is happening to me, I thought to myself. I started to wonder if I was daydreaming again about a mysterious woman I never met. My eyes followed her thighs, to her wide hips and tiny waist, and to her breasts, they were covered, no coverage, but clearly huge breasts. Makes a man want to wonder what's under her dress.

Mr. Reyes, didn't do any kind of an introduction about her. All he said was that she was a transfer student. I was waiting for him to announce her name to the class but he didn't.

She walked passed me, her scent hit me so hard. The smell of lavender, strawberries mixed with honeycomb. She went up to the top row where there is a vacant space and sat down. Taking out her laptop and notebook.

I continued with my lecture but it was hard for me to keep focus, I looked at her from time to time. She was distracting me, making me hard in my pants every time I looked at her. I then decided to question the class and see how much they know since I can't stay focused on what I need to say.

"Explain, as if to someone without any accounting knowledge; The relevance of an independent audit report on published financial statements to a credit manager, you should include both its advantages and disadvantages." I asked, and saw her raise her hand, along with another student. I wanted to hear her voice, to know what she sounded like. The melody, the sweet voice I knew that she sings to my soul, so I pointed her out to answer the question.

"Well Sir, to start off by saying an audit is an 'Independent examination of evidence from which the financial statements are derived, in order to give an opinion as to whether they show a true and fair view. The audit report should make the information in the financial statements more reliable for decision making purposes because the auditor has access to all the company's records and any explanations they require in order to support their opinion.The report gives an opinion as to whether the financial statements show a true and fair view, but also reports on other items by exception, e.g. that the director's report is consistent with the accounts and that the financial statements agree with the

underlying records. If the auditors disagree with any of the directors' judgments or if they haven't been able to obtain sufficient evidence for their opinion, they will qualify their report. Additionally if they come across a matter that is crucial to an understanding of the financial statements they will modify their report to highlight the matter. This is

useful to the credit manager as it identifies the potential risk of trading with such

companies. On the other hand the published accounts are published 6-9 months after the balance sheet date, so there is some doubt as to whether the time lag in reporting makes the audit report less relevant to the credit manager. Indeed the auditor has no duty of

care in law to any user of the statements apart from the shareholders. Therefore if

the credit manager relies on these statements and the auditor is proved negligent there is no redress for them." She said with confidence.

"Very well, Miss?" I make it into a question, hoping she will say her name. But the bell rang.

I whispered to Professor McGregor, to ask her name. The students packed up and left the classroom, the Professor stopped her on the way out.

"That was a really impressive answer you gave. What school did you transfer from?" The Professor asked her.

"Yale!" She responded.

"What's your name?" He asked her.

"Adriana Morgan." She said, stretching her hand to the Professor for a hand shake.

"I am Professor Jonathan McGregor and this Mr. Rodriguez of Rodriguez's International Industrial." Jonathan told her. She shook my hand. Her touch sent an electric shock down my spine.

"It was nice to meet you both, but I am getting late for my next class." She spoke and brought me back to reality that I hadn't let go of her hand as yet.

She left the classroom, my eyes followed her ass until she disappeared through the door. I had a brief conversation with the professor and then left. Martinez and my security were outside the classroom waiting for me.

"Find out what you can about Adriana Morgan." He ordered Martinez.