۞ ONE: MEDICINE MAN ۞

(SONG: "Medicine Man" by Dorothy.

Hi and welcome to my Doctor Strange standalone! This is a story that is an original storyline taking place post 𝑵𝒐 𝑾𝒂𝒚 𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆!

Note: This is my first time writing MCU so please bear with me but I hope you enjoy.

-Tiger 🐅)

"See you tomorrow, Kat!"

I heard my co-worker, Sarah, say as she walked out of the office. I waved her off as she headed to her car. I grab my purse, sling it over my shoulder and my own car keys and lock up, moving the "Open" sign out front to "Closed" for the night.

As I unlock my car and I put my purse in the front seat- that's when it strikes me. Hard.

The smell of burnt metal. The intense pain in my leg as it's pinned down. I'm in the backseat of the car.

I quickly try to numb my mind from the memory that's surging in my vision. My eyes adjust and I'm back in the parking lot of my office that I own as a physical therapist and I try to regain my breathing.

I notice a figure as I look out of my car's window, standing by the building as he starts walking past and my eyes narrow. He had short black hair, wearing a red plaid flannel and a pair of black jeans and sneakers.

I close my car door and I start to follow him, staying a few feet away so he doesn't turn around and catch me. He turns down a block and into an alleyway.

I watch as I knelt behind a dumpster, he then locks eyes with me and his lips curl into a side smirk of arrogance. I stand up and move toward him, before he draws open a portal and he steps back, letting the portal close.

Dammit. I lost him. Again.

Every few days, I've seen him show up at my office and he'd lead me on this game. I'd find a way to catch him and when I get close to him, he's gone.

My jaw tenses as I stood there in shock for several minutes, trying to figure out how he'd been able to conjure magic like this.

As those moments passed, I had a strong gut feeling that I wasn't the only one in this alleyway. I looked over my shoulder to see my suspicions were indeed, true.