۞ TWO: TRY AGAIN ۞

(Song: "Try Again" by Aaliyah. In this chapter begins Kat's training, a haunting nightmare that's triggered by the same man she saw in the alleyway and some Strange fluff. Enjoy!

-Tiger 🐅 )

TWO

Several days later, I was invited to stay at the Sanctum Sanctorum on 177A Bleecker Street, which is a base for the mystic arts. I brought a couple bags of clothes because I didn't know how long this could be. I walked in, taking in the view of this place. The walls were a deep brown, I could see books lining the shelves and some artifacts that were displayed in cases as well.

"You must be Kat," I looked up as I had set my phone back into my pocket. "I'm Wong. Stephen told me all about you. Welcome to the Sanctum. Let's get you settled."

I nod as Wong leads the way upstairs to the room that I'm staying in. Inside the walls were a light gray, a queen sized bed with black pillows and blankets, with a stack of tomes laying neatly on the center of the bed. There was a bay window across from the bed and a wardrobe for my clothes.

"Stephen left some books there on your bed to get you started," Wong says. "Let me know if you have any questions or anything else you need."

"I will. Thanks, Wong," I say as he walks out of the room and closes the door. I sit down on the bed after getting my phone charged up and open up the first tome, which covers the basics of the mystic arts.

After reading about a quarter of the book, I place a bookmark in it and I sigh. As interesting as it is to read about how magic works, I feel like it's going over my head and I'm not getting it. It's quite overwhelming.

I unlock my phone and I open up my Spotify to play some music to help calm my emotions- which I do.

"I'll Follow You. Shinedown. Amaryllis. 2012."

I hear a voice and it makes me jump with my hand over my heart, I see Strange leaning against the side of the doorway. He had switched the robes he had worn to a sweater, a gray shirt, jeans and sneakers. I must say, he cleans up well.

"Jesus, Strange. You scared me," I say as I turn the music down to low.

"My apologies," Stephen says with a side smile.