۞ FIVE: SECRET GARDEN ۞

(Song: "Secret Garden" by Spiritbox. Here's the next chapter and in this piece, Kat and Strange are starting to get their feelings a bit more. Even thought this is a shorter piece, I hope you all enjoy.

-Tiger & @AmyBlackRose92)

FIVE

(Kat's POV)

Morning light from The Sanctum's windows woke me up as I stir and open my eyes, I see that I'm still on the couch. I sat up slowly and I realized now that I'd slept with my head in Stephen's lap as Red moved off of me, noting how he's still asleep, but my movements caused him to stir and his eyes open.

"I slept in your lap all night?" I say as I start flushing red and I stammer softly. "I'm so sorry, Stephen."

A soft chuckle escapes from his throat and he takes my hand in his, his blue eyes soft and tender as he lets go to stretch his body from being in such an uncomfortable position on the couch last night.

"You don't need to apologize to me, Kitten." Stephen says as he squeezes my hand. "I was going to move you back to your room last night but you were too beautiful. So, I thought it would be better if we stayed here."

My face gets redder and I bury my face in my hands for a few minutes as Wong walks in.

"You okay, Kat? Your face looks redder than The Cloak." Wong says and it causes Stephen to glare at him and not just glare, he was shooting daggers at him while Red whips around and turns its head at Wong in an "Excuse you?" look.

"You couldn't have picked a better time to walk in, Wong." Stephen says with sarcasm in his voice, making me laugh softly.

"You're really not helping the situation, Wong." I added with my own bit of sarcasm as I tried to hide my own face again in my hands.

"So, are you two coming to training today or do you want more time alone?" Wong asks and I tense up with my own annoyance, my jaw twitching as I sigh.

"Wong. Get out!" I scream as Wong turns and starts to walk out of the room with a grin on his face as he opens a portal to Kamar-Taj. I hear him say: "See you both out there!" as the portal closes. I lean back and sigh as I try to get my emotional state back to normal, I curse under my breath.

"I swear he's going to give me an aneurysm," I mutter as my eye twitches and I smack myself lightly to stop it.

"Luckily I used to be a neurosurgeon," Stephen says and I glare at him and when he caught eyes with me, he immediately bit back his words. "I'll shut up now."

"Good idea, Doc," I say as I stand and walk back to my bedroom to get ready for training.

We both took a portal back to Kamar-Taj and as soon as Wong was in my sights, a grin crossed my face as I quietly planned a scheme for me to get revenge for Wong walking in on us this morning. I tell him that I want to spar with Wong because I want a fresher opponent and I watch as Stephen slowly gets it, trying so hard not to laugh.

We begin sparring as I walk toward Wong, aiming with my first strike and exercises until I begin to focus and I turn on my ability, letting the pain really hit him and I watch as he collapses on to the floor with his arms out, not being able to feel his hands or arms.

"Kat! It hurts! Stop!" I move my eyes and the pain calms as he's laying on the floor. I look over at Stephen, who has his hand over his mouth. Wong starts to sit up as it takes him a moment to stand because of the pain making him wobble. "What on Earth was that?"

"Oh, Stephen didn't tell you?" I say with a devious smile. "I have the gift of pain manipulation."

Wong stammers over his own words in shock and I laugh at his own embarrassment, seeing the red cross his face.

"You knew about this, Strange?!" Wong says as Stephen finally laughs because he couldn't contain it any further.

"Yeah, I did. She used it on me but not at the level that was used on you," Stephen tells him with a shrug.

"Well, good for you." Wong sighs but then he bows to me, which shocks me but I return with a smile of my own as he turns and walks away. Stephen looks at me with his eyes completely wide as he walks next to me.

"Did you just get The Sorcerer Supreme to bow to you?" Stephen asks and my eyebrow raises at him.

"It is indeed a custom during sparring to bow to your superior," I tell him. "But did you just acknowledge Wong as Sorcerer Supreme?"

Stephen goes absolutely silent and remains that way for about five minutes, I snicker softly and I pat him on the shoulder.

"Aw, would you look at that? You're growing up, Stephen." I say and he just glares at me as I giggle at his entire expression, his body is tense and his eyebrows are raised.

"One of these days, I'll get you back for all of this," Stephen mutters under his breath and a smile crosses my face, one of pure sweetness.

"I'll be waiting for you, Doc," I say with a bit of soft seduction in the tone of my voice as I twirl my hair in my fingertips, taking a bit of pride in myself as I see him caught completely off guard.

This woman's going to be the death of me and yet I can't resist her. Damn it, Strange. He thinks to himself as he walks back to the Sanctum.