Regulations

I Mentioned previously and briefly was the regulations that goes into animal welfare and the general care and procedures that have to be followed. Animal welfare protesters in the early 2000's have paved the way for many acts and laws that allow for the protection of laboratory animals. But the animal welfare and animal rights protests have been going on forever.
There are many regulations that advocate animal welfare and husbandry for lab animals, some of the most famous being animal welfare act and policy on humane care and use of laboratory animals. There are of course many other laws so we are going to go over some of the legal portion of animal welfare and what this does for animals.

Starting in August of 1966 the Animal Welfare Act was put into place. This act regulated and protected laboratory animals and their treatment. The basic rundown of this law is that dealers must be licensed and all facilities have to be licensed and registered. Strict record-keeping and identification of the animals and employees must be also made along with humane standards supported in the facilities and handling in treatment transportation.

From this there is a lot of specific information on the treatment of different species. This includes dogs and cats guinea pigs hamsters rabbits nonhuman primates marine and mammals warm blooded animals other than dogs cats hamsters rabbits guinea pigs nonhuman primates and marine animals.