𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

(its a cute duck bro ⬆️)

song : Me & Magdalena by The Monkees

"I don't know, I think just you guys should do the video." I said as Nick was trying to drag me outside.

"Come on, do not get cold feet now!" He said. "We're already filming, I said we had a new person."

"Why would you do that?" I said.

"Because you're going to be in the video. You're the only one of our friends who hasn't been in one of our videos, or anything like that, and we hang out the most." He said.

I looked at him not wanting to. But he really wanted me to, and he's very, very, persistent.

"Are you guys coming out here or not?" Chris said with the door open.

"Yes, we are." Nick said grabbing my hand. He dragged me out and into the car.

"Ta - da!" Nick said doing jazz hands around me. "Fucking move Chris, you're in the way."

I covered my face halfway out of embarrassment at the situation. I knew I was red in the cheeks at least a little. Matt turned around to look at me, making him laugh a little.

"This is our lovely friend, Brooke Wagner." Nick said to the camera.

"Uh—hi." I said doing an awkward waving at the camera.

"She's probably going to be appearing in a few videos—"

"You may have seen her before when she barges into our house during videos or streams." Chris said.

"Or in the backgrounds of our pictures." Matt said.

"She is our neighbor, kind of, a little ways down but close enough." Nick said.

"She makes good cookies." Chris said.

"Literally the best cookies." Matt said.

"Anyways." Nick said trying to get to the video. "We'll have her socials in the description, although some of you have already found out it was her."

"Wait you know what's crazy?" Chris said suddenly. We all looked at him waiting for him to go on.

"You know how we were like reminiscing over the vans memories and stuff?" He said. "We wouldn't have probably ever talked to her if we didn't have the van to drive."

They looked at each other realizing Chris was right.

"You're right." Nick said. "Why were we later that day?"

"I think it needed gas or something like that." Matt said.

"But yeah, the whole thing of how we know Brooke is because she was walking home in the rain. We were driving by, and kind of knew she lived close to us ya know, so we offered her a ride." Nick said.

"Y'all honestly scared me at first whenever the van pulled up beside me. It was like kidnapping 101." I said.

"But you still got in." Matt said.

"Well yeah, only because I had you in my Chemistry class." I said. "And it was pouring outside."

"Why were you walking anyways?" Chris asked.

"Because I had wrecked my truck like 2 weeks before that." I said. "God I miss that truck."

"Wasn't it that old yellow one that was always loud when it drove by?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, but besides the loud part, that truck was sexy. I hate that guy that ran into me. I swear, I had it made." I said.

"But you wouldn't have probably ever talked to us." Nick said.