𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

song : Light My Love by Greta Van Fleet

3rd Person POV

Matt and Brooke were still asleep on the couch as Mrs. Sturniolo pulled into the driveway. She was unaware of what was laying on her couch asleep.

She quietly unlocked the door like she always did when she had graveyard shift,  to not wake her daughter up.

She turned around hearing breathing behind her. She saw Matt and Brooke basically cuddling on the couch. She smiled to herself making sure not to wake them up.

Although most would've been ravenous that their daughter had a guy sleep over, she knew it was an innocent thing. Yes, they could be dating, but not anything she knew Brooke wouldn't use her judgement for. Also she was kind of hoping her daughter would finally date someone.

Brooke was turned on her side face the couch and Matthew was sitting slinked down with his nose nearly touching his shoulder.

They slept peacefully for another hour a and a half or so, when Matt woke up. He moved his body a bit to try not falling back asleep. He looked around realizing he was definitely not in his living room.

He looked down at Brooke to see his hand draped over her side and her sound asleep with a blanket. Now that he wasn't just in a middle of the night second, he remembered putting the blanket on her.

Matt quickly grabbed his phone to see a few text and one call. 3 from Chris, 4 from his mother, 1 from his dad, and Nick had the 1 call and 10 text.

Chris' we're just him asking why he wasn't home, his mom about the same and kind of concerned, dad was just when are you coming home, and Nick was a bunch of 'enthusiastic' questions and just overwhelming.

He went to answer them back when Brooke started rubbing her eyes.

"hey, go back to sleep." He said softly even though his voice tried to hitch from not speaking. She opened one eye looking up at him almost confused.

"What...why are you still here?" She asked with her voice raspy. She started to sit up slowly.

"I fell asleep." He said looking at her. He always loved how she looked when she woke up. He hair was always flipped over the wrong one way and fluffed out. He eyes were puffy and she always spaced out. She keeps her eyes closed for short moments when she's just woke up. It was funny to take pictures though.

"Are you in trouble?" She asked sitting up fully.

"Nah, I'll be in trouble by Nick if anything." She laughed a little at that and took the blanket off.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep on you, I'm sorry." She said.

"Don't worry about it. I fell asleep too." He said.

"I know, I—is my mom home?" She asked getting up.

She got up and looked out the window. "She is."

"She's probably asleep then." Matt said getting up too.

"Yeah." Brooke said. She looked around and back at Matt.

"You want a bagel or somethin'?" She asked.

"I'll just eat some of Nicks." He said. "I shouldn't stay very long considering I sorta ditched them."

"You're probably right." She said smiling. "Make sure they know it's not your fault if you do get in trouble. I don't want you getting yelled at or anything."

"I'll be fine." He said.

She nodded at him and looked for her keys.

"I'll drive you over there so you don't have to walk. It's probably below freezing." She said.