𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

song : Sparks by Coldplay

Matt's POV

I woke up stretching to only realize that Felix was laid on me.

I shoved him a little trying to get him off. I looked at Brooke and saw she was still fast asleep. I checked my phone. 9:12.

Man I'm tired. I got up quietly looking for her moms car. She must still be gone. I went to go find something to drink.

I stood there on my phone debating what to do. I responded to my moms worried text about me and Brooke, mostly Brooke. I was getting hungry pretty quickly and didn't wanna eat all of their food. Plus they had a bunch of healthy granola stuff, nothing like lucky charms or anything.

I grabbed my keys and headed out the door trying my best not to wake her up. I was gonna get her Chick-Fil-A. That would be a nice breakfast, she loves that place.

I drove a few minutes and got in the drive-thru. I ordered the same meal for both of us and got me a coffee. She doesn't like coffee, so I got her Dr. Pepper. She's just like Nick, she'll drink soda for breakfast.

I thought that I should get her something else. I just don't know what. I could tell she was pretty bummed out about the whole situation. She loved basketball. A lot. She denied it last night, but I knew she was lying.

I stopped at the family dollar before her house and got a few $1 candies for us and Canada Dry for her. She loves it, I just think it's fancy sprite.

Once I got to her house I tried balancing all the food planning to get the soda and candy later. I opened the door to hear her make a funny sound.

"Matt—what are you doing here?" She said sounding shocked. I looked to see her wiping her eye and quickly.

"What's wrong, why are you crying?" I asked going to the coffee table to drop everything before sitting beside her.

"Nothing." She said. "I'm just a little worked up about last night, that's all."

"Come on. Talk to me." I said putting my arm around her to pull her closer. I could feel her trying to slow her breathing, but it wasn't really working.

"It just—it really sucks." She said. "It was the last minute." Her voice cracked a little.

I rubbed her arm trying to get her to talk.

"Those assholes." She said. She doesn't cuss too much, so when she does she means it. "It was one of my last games." The tears were coming back and she was becoming a little less audible.

"I know." I said moving a little because she was at an awkward angle.

"My senior year. My fucking senior year!" She said. "I—I've played since I was in first grade!" "All of that time....it waited til my senior year."

"It sucks I know." I said. I didn't want to be annoying, so I kept the words minimal.

"They didn't even attempt help me up." She said starting the heavy crying.

She cried hard for a couple minutes. I held her tight because she was like a kid, she liked being wrapped up, it was kinda weird. When we went on trips she would wrap up in a blanket and squeeze herself in the seat.

She was calming down and wiping her nose.

"I know it really hurts. But you can make it. You always come out on top of these things, it is kind of annoying to be honest." I said making her laugh a little. "It'll be alright. You worked your butt off the whole year. You're the town favorite man."