chapter nine: never alone

tw: light intimacy (they shower together. no smut ensues)

"Okay! Well! You're- you're serious about this training stuff!"

"Yeah! You never know what you're gonna be fighting, you've gotta fully commit!" Natasha told me. "But it's been two hours. I think we're done for today. Same thing tomorrow. I wanna see if we can play around with that venom stuff."

"Jeez, Nat. don't you think it's a bit early for that?" I asked her nervously. "I don't think I'm ready for that kind of thing yet."

"Okay. well, whatever you're comfortable with. We can focus on the basics a little longer until we've done more research on it."

"Thanks, Nat," I stood up and sighed softly. "I'd... hug you but... we're both kinda..."

"Sweaty, yeah," She laughed and waved me off. "Go wash up. Rest. Have a nice night. That kind of thing."

We exchanged another laugh and I left to find Peter. He wasn't anywhere to be found in the building. I did, however, find Tony seated at his desk. "Hey, did Peter leave?"

"I think so. Suit looks good, kid."

"Thanks," I gave him a small smile. "I love it. Thanks again. It means a lot."

"Yeah, yeah," He waved me off with a grin. "Don't mention it."

"Right. No sappy stuff."

"See! You're catchin' on quick."

I laughed and left with an eye roll. I assume Peter went home. But it was weird how he didn't text me. So I called him.

"Hey, beautiful! Sorry, I completely forgot to text you. I need your help with May. she heard about the baby from Happy and she's been attacking me with questions and baby talk all afternoon."

I laughed and my heart warmed. "I miss her. I'll be over in like- an hour? Maybe longer? I don't know," I sighed. "I'm- scared to do anything alone. And- I've gotta shower and it's really gonna hurt."

"Oh, shit, yeah," Peter softly gasped. "I'll swing over right now. I'll help."

"Peter-"

"Nope. No denying me. It's my job to help you with stuff and that's what I'm gonna do. You can't fire me."

"Like I would," I softly chuckled. "Thank you. Really."

"Yeah, I told you that I'll help you get through this stuff. I'm on the way to your place right now."

I heard wind over the phone and the sound of his webs being launched.

"Peter! What have I told you about being on your phone and swinging!"

"Sorry! Love you!"

"Love you too, Peter," I snickered when he hung up. "Dork."

"Pete, I can't. I really can't."

Didn't think about the fact that seeing my scars and bruises would be this difficult. It's bringing back all kinds of bad flashbacks.

Peter's trying to help with the showering process, but I can't even get undressed for fear of seeing the scars.

"Um, here, how about you... close your eyes," He suggested, standing in front of me.

"Pete, I've gotta see to take off my clothes."

"I'll do it," He shrugged. "If it helps. Having someone else do it. It's just me. Not anything I haven't seen before."