seven.

MAD WOMAN | vii.
"I DON'T TRUST YOU"
Earth 838: New York | 2025

The house was in Westview, New Jersey a shocker to Athena who wondered how many parallels existed between the two universes. She looked at the house and couldn't believe that this entire time there had been a version of themselves that had gotten a happy ending.

Except that she had the eerie feeling that they didn't.

Yelena picked the lock to the house before pushing the door. There was a soft creak and even from outside, Athena could see the pool of blood that was in the living room. She looked over at America, "Stay outside."

"But-"

"Stay," Athena orders. America sighs but takes a seat on the top stair of the porch. Fanny joins her, sitting down beside America. The teen reaches out and pets the dog. Yelena and Athena share a look and Athena holds her arm out, "After you."

Yelena steps inside the house and Athena looks around, finding the layout similar to that of the house Wanda had in the Hex. Had she unknowingly mimicked the layout from her dreams? Yelena and Athena stepped carefully about the house. There were signs of a struggle and plenty of blood, but there were no bodies.

"This is so freaky," Yelena states as she looks around, "No wonder the boys have repressed their memory. I would too."

"Do you think she was possessed by my Wanda?" Athena asks and Yelena turns and looks at her, "I mean you were right before when it came to the Darkhold. Wanda is my blind spot. I can't carefully assess when it comes to her."

"It's good that you're aware," Yelena tells her, "But Wanda or Scarlet Witch, I don't think she wouldn't attack you, any version of you. Especially not in front of the boys."

"So who or what are we dealing with?" Athena asks as she looks around the kitchen. The floor was still wet from the water Nora had used to protect herself from the food fight they'd had in Athena's dream.

Athena headed back into the living room before making her way upstairs. She looked in the boys' room to find it empty. She then headed to the master bedroom. There were bloody footprints on the floor and Athena looked up to see the window was shattered.

She took off her shoe and ran downstairs, Yelena looked up just as Athena stepped into the pool of blood barefoot.

"What the hell are you doing?" Yelena asks.

Athena ignores her as she hops up the stairs on one foot, careful not to put the bloody foot down until she was upstairs where she could compare her footprint to the ones in the bedroom.

When she reaches the room, Athena placed her foot down beside the bloody footprint and looked at the two of them carefully. They were a match.

"She escaped," Athena says softly as she looks at the broken window. She heads over to the window looking outside of it to see that there were more bloody footprints on the ground outside before spotting a pool. A smile crossed her lips as she pushed away from the window.

She opened the closet door and instantly was able to recognize which side of the closet belonged to Wanda and which belonged to Nora. There was a black leather jacket hanging up and Athena grabbed it off the hanger putting it on. She was about to leave the closet when something caught her eye.

A trident.

Athena grabs it and inspects the trident, finding it to be the exact same as her own, except Nora probably got it at a grand Asgardian ceremony whereas Athena had received hers in a coffee shop from a mother that had been MIA her entire life.