ten.

MAD WOMAN | x.
"YOU WENT TO YOUR EX'S WEDDING?"
Earth 838: Illuminati Headquarters | 2025

Athena paces in the room, watching as Jean tried to clear Nora's mind. It was taking a long time and Jean honestly seemed like she wasn't having an easy time. Whatever Wanda had done, she didn't want anyone removing it.

Jean huffs loudly and her eyes open, "I can't get through the barrier Wanda put up. It's strong and it's like it has a biometric lock."

"No one can undo it but her," Athena says with a sigh.

"Well, there might be one person who can," Jean says, "Charles Xavier."

"The creator of the X-Men," Athena states, "Isn't he with the Illuminati or something currently?"

"You mean the people that want me?" Stephen asks.

Jean looks at Stephen, "It's your fault that they want you."

"My fault?" Stephen asks.

"I mean the fault of our universe's Stephen. You were Sorcerer Supreme, but you got a hold of the Darkhold, started dream walking, and then you caused an incursion."

"Incursion?" Athena asks, "What's that?"

"It's when two universes collide, leaving them destroyed," Jean explains as she looks over at Stephen, "And the people living on them dead."

"Oh," Stephen says softly.

"Dreamwalking can cause incursions?" Athena asks, "So if Wanda keeps dream walking then there's a chance that this earth and another will, you know, collide?"

"Yeah," Jean says, "There's an order to keep an eye out for any Stephen Stranges that may stumble their way into our universe because at the core we know who he is. A man who always has to hold the knife."

"Doctor pun," Athena says nodding her head as she looks over at Strange who is staring intently at the floor, "Okay maybe it's slightly more than a doctor pun."

"Christine," Stephen says, "She told me that at her wedding."

"You went to your ex's wedding?" Athena asks, "Isn't that a little masochistic?"

Stephen shrugs, "She invited me."

"Usually that's a formality. And a flex," Athena says, "It's like you're being polite but you're showing that you're officially over them. Like I bet Nora sent Jean an invitation to her wedding to Wanda. And Daisy."

"She did," Jean admits.

"See?" Athena says, "You weren't actually supposed to go. You were supposed to send a wedding gift, like a toaster."

"A toaster?" Stephen asks.

Athena shrugs, "Everyone could use a toaster."

"I'm sure given the circumstances that if you all went to visit Charles the Illuminati would let Stephen go," Jean says as she looks over at Nora, "I can ensure that she stays asleep until you get there."

"Thanks, Jean," Athena says, "You're awesome."

"Thanks," Jean says with a small smile as she places two fingers on Nora's temple before closing her eyes.

The doors to the room open and the man with the ruby red sunglasses enters, seemingly out of breath. Athena and Stephen both look over at him and Jean's eyes flutter open as she looks at him.

"Scott?" Jean asks, "Is something wrong?"

"Genosha," Scott says, "Wanda killed them all."

Athena glances over at Stephen and then back at Scott, "What do you mean she killed them all?"