fourteen.

MAD WOMAN | xiv.
"KILL YOUR WIFE FOR ME?"
Earth 838: Avenger's Tower | 2025

Athena sat in the Avenger's training room and felt a weird sense of nostalgia. This was where she'd grown up, where she gained a sense of identity. Where she'd spent hours training with Natasha Before she'd just been Athena, but joining the team, she became Athena the Avenger. She'd finally belonged somewhere but most of that was gone now.

Athena felt a set of arms wrap around her waist and she looked over her shoulder just as Wanda rest her chin there.

"Hi," Athena greets in a soft voice.

"Hey," Wanda says, "You ready? I helped America find the universe and she's going to teleport us there."

"Yeah," Athena says nodding her head, "I was just looking around. You know, we essentially grew up here. I can remember training with Natasha and her yelling at me 'Athena, you're thinking too much."

"Were you thinking too much?" Wanda asks with a small smile.

"Of course, I was," Athena answers as she looks over at Wanda, "But I look at this place and I can't help but think that this was our first home. This was where things began for us. I mean they weren't perfect but I remember stupid moments, like ordering pizza on Tony's credit card-"

"And ordering adult films on Tony's card," Wanda supplies, and Athena's cheeks flush.

"Okay listen let's be honest, Tony didn't even notice the charge which means either he never looked at the bank statement or he thought he ordered it," Athena justifies.

"Or," Wanda says, "He knew how much of a horndog you were and didn't feel the need to call you out on it."

Athena glares at Wanda, "I'm not a horndog."

"If there was a picture of the definition of horny in the dictionary, there'd be a picture of you, which is amusing because it would also be a picture of Nora," Wanda teases.

"I'm like the least horny person there ever was," Athena argues and Wanda chuckles softly at Athena's words as her wife turns in her arms and faces her. Wanda reaches up and brushes the hair out of Athena's face.

"What's next for us?" Wanda asks, green eyes searching Athena's.

"I don't know," Athena says softly, "What do you want to be next for us?"

"Well," Wanda begins, "I was thinking we could expand the beach house, add an extra bedroom? And it would be really easy because we don't have to hire a contractor, I can just do it with my wiggly woos."

Athena's brows furrow at several parts of Wanda's sentence, but the first thing she wants to address is, "Wiggly woos?"

"Wiggly woos," Wanda says with a smile, "I heard Billy and Tommy ask the other Wanda if she used her wiggly woos and I thought it was cute."

"It is cute," Athena agrees, "Okay, now onto the beach house. Why are we expanding it?"

"There's this fourteen-year-old girl, you might know her, her name is America Chavez," Wanda says, "I think she wants a home and I think she wants that home with us. I mean we understand what she's going through better than anyone else and we can help her control her powers. The same way the Avengers helped us."

Athena sighs as she looks around the training room, "We're not the good guys. Nora and Wanda, they're the good guys. America should stay with them."

"Athena, baby," Wanda says, "You have to stop running from the hurt. I know you're scared, I am too, but we've lost so much. Haven't we earned a little happiness? Hasn't America?"