Chapter 3

Adrienne's POV

I woke up today feeling like I haven't slept in ages. Not only because I slept late, but because half the night was me having an internal battle with my brain and feelings. I went into the kitchen and saw Felix already there reading a book.

'Good morning.' I greeted.

He ignored me like usual. I rolled my eyes. Why do I even try? I don't get anything out of it. I went to the fridge to get some food. And then I finally heard him speak. Though, it wasn't anything decent.

'We have a photoshoot at 10. Just reminding you.' He said as he closed his book and went to the living room.

What is up with most of the men in my life? So blank and emotionless. No joy whatsover. I sighed as I made myself some coffee and a sandwich. My mind then drifted to Marinette. I am gonna see her today! I really hope I get some free time because I really wanted to go. I still want to know how Felix met her though but he wouldn't give me a decent answer so I guess maybe I'll ask her. I put on a my earphones and played a song. I quietly sang along so Felix wouldn't hear me. One of my favorites. Trash by Little Mix.
(Author: It's fine if you don't know the songs I'll use in this fic, just pay attention to the lyrics)

"He's always regularly late, he's always on his phone.
You dealing with the pain, gotta let him go.
You're too beautiful, way too beautiful.

I'm telling you here's what we gonna do.

If you're man's a player throw him in the trash.
Tell him see ya later never call him back.
Girl, it ain't your problem if he don't know how to act.
We gon' sell them diamonds, spend out all that cash, 'cause
If your man's a liar, throw him in the trash.
Dry out all them tears, we ain't never looking back.
Pick up all his things and put 'em in the bag.
I'ma throw him out with the trash."

I internally punched myself with that. How ironic that one of my favorite songs is telling me to leave my disgrace of a human being boyfriend in the dust when I still haven't. I knew I needed to dump Lyle's a$$ but like I said, I had no choice. I'd love to throw him in the trash, but my father would kill me if I did.

As I finished my sandwich, I stood up and went to the living room. I saw Felix reading his book while drinking tea I think. I shrugged and went to my room. I saw my phone had a notification so I picked it up.

Pére(Father): Adrienne, I will be hosting an event tomorrow and you have to be ready to answer the questions of the interviewers when they ask about you and Lyle. I sent the questionnaire they have already so you can start preparing and memorizing your answers.

I groaned and threw my phone to my bed.

Why is he like this? He used to be a great dad when I was around 4-13 years old. Ever since mother died, he became this. I understood that he needed time to grieve but he never came back.

Felix's situation is somewhat the same. He lost his father back when he was 13. His mother died 2 months after my mother. I really don't understand how Aunt Amelie managed to accept the fact that both her sister AND husband died in the same year. I recall her crying so badly about that for the entire year. Now she's doing fine, still affected by that but she's doing well. If only my father and Felix could cope like Aunt Amelie but, I think that would be on Febuary 30. Which is NEVER.

But I still did what my father asked. I prepared my answers so I would be able to answer quickly about the whole thing. Even though it's all lies. I didn't realize how long I took until Felix called me.

'Hey! We're leaving for the photoshoot in 10 minutes! Hurry up!' He yelled.

I sighed and went to get ready. We both have separate cars so we didn't share a car. That only ever happens when there's an event and we ALL have to share a car. We drove off and went to the setting of the photoshoot.