Chapter 6

Adrienne's POV

I got in my car and started driving to the park. I'm so excited to see my best friends Nino and Alya. It's been a while since I've last seen them. I turned on the radio and started to sing along in my car like a madwoman.

'I made a few mistakes I regret it nightly
I broke a couple hearts that I wear on my sleeve
My mama always said "girl you're trouble" and
Now I wonder
Could you fall for a woman like me?

And every time we touch boy you make me feel weak
I can tell you're shy and I think you're so sweet
Spending every night under covers and
Still I wonder
Could you fall for a woman like me?'

Now that is oddly familiar. Oh wait, my internal thoughts every time Marinette's around.

Maybe I could ask Nino and Alya for help..? Although Alya will probably make some exaggerated suggestion. Better than nothing. At least I have advice. Nino and Alya have been dating for 4 years now and I'm honestly surprised they're not married yet at this point.

Nino has been my best friend since high school. We really are just platonic friends. He was like the brother I never knew I needed and I was the sister he never knew he wanted. Alya and I got off a rocky start since I'm a girl best friend but we ended up being friends as well anyways. Apparently, they met at a café where Alya's best friend works. I remember Nino panicking over how he should ask out Alya. Good times.

I arrived at the park and saw the walking relationship goals on a bench. I walked over to the 2.

'Yo Adrienne!' Called Nino.

'Sup ghorl!' Yelled Alya.

'Hey lovebirds!' I greeted.

I missed these dorks.

'So how are you guys?' I asked.

'Great! How about you?' Said Nino.

'I've been well.' I responded.

I have been well when referring to my physical health.

'So what's new with you guys?' I asked curiously.

'My DJing career is taking off!' Said Nino.

'My blog is a hit!' Said Alya.

I am so proud of them. I love how they can just chase their dreams like that. I envy how they can just jump head first at the careers they wanted. I wish I could, but I couldn't.

'I take it you're still modeling?' Said Alya. 'Oh come on! It's been so long! Have you at least broken up with Lyle?'

I just stared at her.

Nino face palmed and Alya groaned. They never liked Lyle. Nor my career.

I don't either anyway.

'Do you at least like anyone?' Asked Nino.

I felt my cheeks burn up as my thoughts went to Marinette. Alya and Nino seemed to have noticed that because-

'Oh my goodness you do!' Squealed Alya.

'Soooo who's the guy?' Asked Nino.

'Uh...it's not...-'

'It's a girl then? Awww Adrienne has her first girl crush!' Said Nino.

Alya then chuckled. 'She better be attractive otherwise, we won't let you date her.' I know she's joking, but heck, have you guys seen Marinette? That girl is drop dead gorgeous, insanely adorable and hot sh!t.