Hogwarts

~Outside Hogwarts Castle~

SPLASH!... a carriage wheel shatters the glassy surface, catching a procession of horseless carriages, carrying students toward the glimmering castle. Y/n walks up to one. 

Y/n: "Thestrals." 

Y/n strokes one's muzzle. Gradually, the sweet sound of a choir rises in the air, and a flash of lightning bleaches the night sky. In the windows of the Great Hall, candlelit silhouettes are glimmering within, passing through the glass. At the High Table, Lupin sits with Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall, Hagrid, and Albus Dumbledore. We track along the face of the choir, singing to the strains of a harpsichord, and land on a quintet of toads (one of which -- Trevor-- belongs to Neville Longbottom, who looks on with pride). Argus Filch, Hogwarts' caretaker, stands grimly to the side as red-eyed Mrs. Norris switches her tail at his feet. As the choir's song concludes, Dumbledore rises, beaming over the sea of black hats. 

Dumbledore: "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..." 

Y/n snickers. McGonagall clears her throat. 

Dumbledore: "First I would like to announce the Head of the Relocation and Protection Agency as a fifth-year student. Y/n." 

Y/n: "Hi! Yes, I'm 15. No, I'm not lying. Yes, Fudge knows. I work directly under him. Yes, I have been professionally doing this since I was little." 

Dumbledore: "Mm. Yes. Next, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor." \

Y/n high fives Lupin. Amid scattered applause, Harry, Ron, and Hermione clap loudly. Hermione: "Of course! That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry. 

Dumbledore: "As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!"

Remus: "Kinda expected to be you." 

Y/n: "A fifteen-year-old teaching a whole class?" 

Harry, Ron, and Hermione stare at each other --stunned -- then applaud vigorously. Hagrid turns ruby red, rises, and nearly topples the staff table, sending water goblets weaving. 

Dumbledore: (turning grave) "Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts -- at the request of the Ministry of Magic --" 

Y/n: "I thoroughly disagree with this. Important to know since I was part of the five people voting on it." 

Dumbledore: "Thank you. At least you seem to know the danger of it. Will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban." 

A murmur of apprehension fills the hall. At the Slytherin table, Draco Malfoy, flanked by the ever-present Crabbe and Goyle, catches Harry's eye and feigns a dead faint. Y/n shoots a murderous glare at Draco. 

Dumbledore: "The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not like a Dementor to be forgiving."

~Entrance Hall - Night (Later)~

Tom: "Y/n~" 

Y/n: "Matthew."