Chapter 41: A Long Way

Clem's pov
Maggie stopped the car right In front of the house and the others stopped right behind us.

"Alright everyone, get out." Said Maggie. She took the key out of the key hole and got out.

Rick got out then I got out, then Carl.

"Wanna race to the door?" He asked me as soon as he got out.

"Of course!" I almost screamed.

"Alright, ready? Set. GO." He exclaimed.

He started running and I ran right behind him, when I got close enough, I jumped onto his back.

"Heyyyy, that's cheating!" He whined.

"Eh, I don't care." I said. He continued to run and when we got to the door, i jumped off of his back.

"That was a lot of work." I said.

"What are you talking about? I was the one carrying you!" He said as he playfully pushed my shoulder.

"Thanks." I said as I kissed his cheek.

After that, we both stood on opposite sides of the door.

"One...two..three." He mouthed to me.

I twisted the door knob and walked in with my gun raised.

"We'll check down here, Rick and Daryl can check upstairs." I said. Carl nodded.

Carl and I looked around the whole downstairs, I came to the kitchen and found a walker.

The walker was tied in a chair with a rope.

"What the?" I whispered to myself. The walker had not yet seen me.

I whistled. The walker looked up and started to groan and moan and open and close its mouth.

"Okay then." I said to myself.

I cocked my gun, aimed and just stood there.

"No, I can't waist a bullet like this." I said. I reached into my pocket to grab my knife, it wasn't there.

"Shit." I mumbled

"CAAARRRRL" I screamed. He came running in.

"What's wrong?" He asked in a panic.

I pointed to the walker.

"And also, someone took my knife." I said.

"Okay." He said as he walked over to the walker and grabbed out his knife...the knife I gave him and stabbed the walker right in the head and pulled the knife out.

"Thanks?" I asked.

"Your welcome?" He asked, mimicking my voice. I giggled a little.

"Are Daryl and Rick upstairs yet?" I asked Carl, he nodded.

"Okay, good." I said.

Carl and I walked outside the house and told everyone that the house was fine.

"Great!" Said Maggie with excitement.

Everyone grabbed a bag and walked into the house. Carl and I stayed outside. He grabbed my hand, intertwined our fingers and kissed my hand.

"I love you, Clem." He said.

"I love you too, grimes." I said with a slight giggle, he smiled.

"Wanna head back inside?" He asked.

"Sure" I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

We walked back inside and saw a whole bunch of bags piled up right next to the door.