1

i have always liked walking on a place where i won't stand out.

where i was alone, to be accompanied with only the voice in my head and the small rocks that are to be crushed while i walk.

i came to a view where the sound of the waves are distinct, with the sun slowly coming down to bestow its spotlight to the moon.

i looked down and saw the clear ocean, i almost slipped and then i remembered, maybe it was the amount of the pebbles i have crushed. maybe they have smoothened out enough for it to be the cause of me almost falling over by the edge.

slowly, i composed myself once again. standing back up with more balance than what i had before. occasionally crouching to flick pebbles or to scare away birds that are too close for my liking.

eventually i stopped, finding it boring when things get repetitive.

instead, i chose to stay crouched. picking up the relatives of the rocks that i have flicked too hard for them to end into the bottom of the ocean, never to be seen by anyone again.

i looked up when the wind distinctively got harsher.

i tried to look at anything but the direction of where the wind is coming from.

words could not express how enchanted you looked when i first saw you.

the wind hitting hardly on your clothes, resulting it in having to flick loudly that even me, from a feet radius could hear.

but you still managed to look peaceful.

how could you do that?

looking so careless when your surroundings are the exact opposite of what you are right now.

i try and turn my attention back to what i was doing before i have caught a glimpse of your face.

but i am impressed, you still managed to pull me and make me look away from the rocks that i am collecting.

i walked away, feeling ashamed for having to look at you for long.

what i didn't know at that time was that i had also caught the attention of the very same person i was admiring from afar.