8

"i'm so sorry." her voice was sweet as honey, letting each words come out of her mouth gently with no hint of rush.

i smiled, "it's fine, no worries." the english words i had learned from when i was a kid came out from my mouth with ease.

"let me make it up to you." she stood up and offered me a hand, as if helping me gather the things i had dropped when i bumped onto her from being too distracted staring at your contact—still isn't enough. 

"it's okay, really. i don't want to burden you more."

"who said you're a burden? and besides, i would love to have someone to chat with." she puts a strand of hair behind her ear and clutched the strap of her bag tightly.

"unless, of course," she rushes out, a hint of pink painting the bridge of her nose and cheeks from the realization of something. "you have other things to do."

"i have none, and a chat seems nice." the sound of people filled my head as i wait for her response.

i drowned other people's conversation and focused on the sound of the water swaying beyond the railing that stops me from sitting near the waves and feel it crash against my palm.

the sole sound of it reminds me of home. reminds me of you.

i focused back on the girl that stands in front of me and smiled.

six more days, seokjin, and i'll be beside you again. watching the sunset and feeling the ocean beneath our shoes.