9

as soon as i stepped inside, the faint scent of freshly baked cookies contrasting the strong smell of coffee welcomed me.

i let my hand run through the chairs, not failing to notice their textures differing from one another. the others being new while the others old, still waiting to be replaced to finally rest.

i stopped at one and pulled it, inviting for her to sit.

"what's your name?" the same gentle voice i had heard minutes before was taken in by my mind once again.

"namjoon." i said as i move onto the other side of the table, sitting myself.

"i'm taking that you're not from here?"

i nodded my head in response, tapping my fingers quietly against my jeans, patiently waiting for her response.

"are you here for vacation?"

"not quite, i'm actually here because of my job."

with a hum, she stood up and grabbed her purse.

"let me order something for us." she grinned and walked away, the heels of her shoes making a soft sound of clink every time it makes contact with the floor.

i looked around the coffee shop, dim lights covering the ceiling, paintings along with posters hung around the walls.

i lingered at particularly one. warm colors covering the top of the canvas and the color of blue was painted at the bottom to balance it all out.

it almost looks like the place we always went to.

if i stare long enough, i can see your silhouette standing in the middle.

hands busy with your camera, ready to capture the sunset again with a grin that i already memorized.

i looked away to find a figure surrounded with the color of dandelion approaching me, brown hair flowing just above her elbows as she smiled at me sweetly.

"coffee's on the way."