Chapter 5 - A New Challenger

TEN YEARS INTO THE FUTURE

"ATTENTION ALL PARASITES, ATTENTION ALL PARASITES. REPORT TO BATTLESTATIONS! DEPLOYMENT IMMINENT!" a loudspeaker blared repeatedly.

The staff of the hangar scurried around in preparation for the deployment of Squad 129 of Plantation 129. Walking down the hangar's catwalks were a group of five girls and boys, all parasites that were made by Squad 129, dressed in their pilot uniforms and going inside their standard Franxx. All were inside their Franxx and ready in position, the pilots prepared the connection procedure with one another.

"CONNECTION PROCESS READY, GO AHEAD SQUAD 129." the commander announced.

The stamens grabbed the handles attached to the pistils, beginning the connection process. After the pistils and stamens connected, all five of the Franxx were activated. The hangar doors opened while the Franxx walked out of their docking positions.

"ALL LOOKS GOOD, PROCEED WITH DEPLOYMENT SQUAD 129." the commander announced.

"Ready to kick some Klaxo ass?" one of the Franxx remarked the other, nudging their elbow to the other.

"Always ready, that's the motto of Squad 129 ya know." the Franxx remarked back.

Activating their thrusters underneath their feet, the FRNAXXs launched out of Plantation 129's hangar and sped on the vast stretches of lifeless desert to their destination.

After a brief trip, Squad 129 finally arrived at the magma energy drilling mine. The mine was recently built and was quite close to a volcano chain. By the time Squad 129 arrived at the magma energy mine, the whole mine was already severely damaged and in ruins, though strangely devoid of any Klaxosaurs.

"From the looks of it, the Klaxos already wreaked havoc on this place..." one of the Franxx remarked.

"It does not matter, the point of our mission is to make sure that the mine is cleared of any Klaxosaurs so it can restart operation in no time..." the leading Franxx announced, "Here's the plan, we head inside the mine and clear it of any Klaxosaurs. They're probably inside feeding on magma energy."

"Well, whatcha all waiting for, the last one in's a rotten Klaxosaur!" one of the Franxx shouted as it jumped in, sliding down on a cable leading to the bottom of the mine.

The other Franxxs soon followed suit, sliding down the cable to the bottom of the mine. Once landing on the bottom, there were multiple entrances to tunnels, some blocked by rubble.

"According to command, there is a large concentration of Klaxosaurs this way," the leader Franxx stated, "I take the lead while the rest of you follow behind my back."

Walking into one of the tunnels, the Franxx units turned on their head flashlights down into the dark tunnel. The tunnel was quite dark, only dimly lit by the natural light from the surface, getting darker as they entered deeper. Only dimly-lit lights which were still on eerily lit the area.

After a while, Squad 129 found what they'd been searching for. Latching onto magma energy canisters at the end of the tunnel was a dozen of small spider-like Klaxosaurs.

"Conrad-class Klaxosaurs up ahead, prepare for battle," the leader Franxx stated.

Throwing their magma-energy-tipped spear, the spear penetrated into the core of one of the Klaxosaurs, killing it instantly. Before the other Klaxosaurs could notice, the other Franxxs followed suit of the leader, charging at the Klaxosaurs and impaling all of them with their spears. After a brief battle, all of the Klaxosaurs were puddles of blue blood next to shattered cores.