Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Mockingjays sang outside Peeta's window. His eyes opened blearily after another round of horrifying nightmares, all including different scenarios of someone murdering Katniss Everdeen, his beloved girlfriend.

Peeta sat up, although the mockingjays were lulling him back to sleep. He snapped out of his reverie when his alarm began blaring the beat drop of Sprawling Idiot Effigy, startling the crap out of him. Peeta snoozed the alarm and got out of bed, yawning and tousling his messed up ashen blond hair. Peeta was born with beautiful golden blond hair, but he kept bleaching it on and off with a dark brown colour, and now he's pretty sure his hair is confused.

His eyes filled with tears when he remembered how Katniss took after him and bleached her own brown hair blond on and off as well. He sighed and took off his pajama pants, before stepping into the shower.

***
Peeta tied up his apron as he stepped behind the counter of the bakery, ready to start off the day with a long shift. Peeta lifted his head, and a piece of paper fell off the beige walls of the bakery. He stepped back out to retrieve it, and his eyes widened when he recognized the picture of the brunette on the paper.

It had been months since he'd seen this poster. The last time he had seen it was in October, which was 2 months ago.

Peeta sucked in a breath. The girl's smokey silver eyes stared up at him.

Katniss Everdeen's lips had no hint of a smile in the quick picture someone had snapped. It must have been a joke, because the word 'Glamour' was printed at the bottom right corner of the picture. Maybe they had chosen the wrong picture of her.

All he knew was, he remembered those woods behind her. That was where he last saw her, last touched her, last inhaled her scent.

"Are you open?"

Peeta's head jerked up. A middle-aged lady, dressed in office gear, was standing at the door, eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"Yeah, we're open," Peeta crumpled the missing person poster in his fist. "Was just cleaning the place up a little."

The woman smiled sympathetically. Of course she knew what Peeta had been looking at.

Everyone did nowadays.

Peeta politely took the lady's order, which consisted of two cheese buns and a blueberry scone.

"Thanks for coming," Peeta said. "Please come again soon."

The woman smiled at him. "I'm sure she'll be back soon, honey."

"Thank you, miss." Peeta smiled sadly back at the lady and watched as she exited.

***
Peeta went on with the rest of the day, trying but failing to keep Katniss off his mind. Everything he did reminded him of Katniss.

Finally, the day was over. Peeta untied his apron and folded it neatly before entering his father's office to deposit it in his pigeon hole.

Peeta turned to leave when he heard a loud vibration. He was pretty sure his phone made that sound, and checked his pockets for it. But when he didn't find it, he walked back to his apron and fished his iPhone 6 out. He had a text from a Blocked number.

Who could that be?

He unlocked his phone and read the text, his heart jumping into his throat after he scanned through it the third time.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the guiltiest of them all?
-A

💖✨🙌✖️
gasp

who could this A person be? comment what you think!

i had my own go at a missing person poster bc all the other generators sucked, so there it is 😂

the Sprawling Idiot Effigy beat is up there ^ go check it out, if you love it, thank pewdiepie not me :)

ps its not full, but it does contain the sort of beat drop i mentioned ;)

She captures her reflection then she throws the mirror to the floor ⚓️

-A