Chapter 6

A FEW MONTHS AFTER AMBROSE RETURNED TO THE CITY.

Ambrose had just walked out of her house when she noticed Kaden walk up to her. "Where is Selen?" Kaden asked Ambrose, "She's dead. She's been dead for months. I killed her." Kaden looked at her like she was insane. "Why?!" "She killed him. She killed our own father." Ambrose shakily sighed. Kaden looked at Ambrose, filled with a feeling of sorrow and sadness. "Listen- I'm sorry-" Ambrose tried to apologize but Kaden just stormed away back to his house. Ambrose had guessed he would also tell Blue about it.

People thought her body had withered away. But it didn't. She wasn't alive, but she could still see, think, smell, and touch. She'd been living for the past few months as a ghost. Not just some friendly ghost, one who held a grudge. She lost all of her thought of navigation, even though she could still be touched, the only thing is, she was like a human, but she couldn't die again. She wandered, killing different people for months, and hanging their bodies upside down in trees in the forest she was killed in for their blood to drip down onto the ground, and for any passers to see, and be afraid of going in there. She mostly did it if Ambrose came back to the forest, to get revenge.

After a year after her death, and people in the city found out about it, tons of different rumors and true stories spiraled. One of the true rumors was that she controlled the dead, and can manipulate dead bodies to become alive and attack people, and deadly man-eating wolves guard the forest she was killed in.

Kaden and Blue were walking throughout the streets of the city and passed through the street market, where they heard rumors about a man-killing ghost in the forest near the city.

"Did you hear about that ghost in the forest? It first appeared when that one crazy woman ran off into the woods and killed Phil." "Really? Do you mean Selen? She studied corrupt cultivation magic and kept being beaten up by the public, no wonder she turned into a man-killing ghost. I'd say she's stronger than 5 wraith ghosts combined." 

"Do you really think she's back as a ghost..?" Kaden asked Blue nervously. "I mean- It is possible.." "If she is, I want to go to that forest and find her-" Kaden said. Ever since Phil had died, Ambrose has been in charge of the city, or, clan, and the leader of the army that they have.

Then, Kaden and Blue overheard another conversation. "Did you hear she kills anyone she see's thinking they're Miss Ambrose?" "Really?" "Mhm, it's because she killed her! It served her right though since she killed Phil. They say she showed so mercy towards Selen, so it's no surprise she kills everyone she see's." There was rumor after rumor. "People are saying there have been paranormal sightings around town all month, and people think it's her." "Really? Doesn't she have a ghost title?" "Yes! It's actually Corrupt Queen of Crimson! The Crimson part stands for the blood that drips off of the trees from the dead bodies hanging from the trees." 

"I heard that the Corrupt Queen of Crimson ghost learned everything about the corrupt cultivation magic when she's been dead. I've also heard that she scrapes the skin off of peoples bone's to leave them the most bloody corpse anyone has ever seen." "Ew! that's gross.."

"Corrupt Queen of Crimson.." Kaden was lost in thought for a while. His train of thought was disrupted when he heard a scream from near the entrance of the city. hundreds of citizens rushed towards the noise. "What's going on?!" "Who's there?!" "IT'S THE DEVIL!" And different types of screams were heard. Kaden and Blue rushed over to the scene much like other people.

646 words