Chapter 13 - Return

Harry is living by the motto that if you can't be happy.... well at least you can be drunk. It's been 48 hours since he last saw Louis. Harry has never drunk so much alcohol at once in his entire life. No soon as his bottle is finished, it's quickly replaced with another.

Sitting down at the kitchen table with a scotch in hand. He leans forward resting his head in his crossed arms on the table. The problem with drinking so much is that it causes Harry to overthink. His life, his choices, his existence. The one thing he has concluded on is this.

There are about 3 different ways to die faster.
1. He can continue drinking alcohol daily, not only does it block out some pain for a short period but it can also knock 10 years off your life over time.
2. Smoke. Smoke and smoke some more. Studies have shown it may lessen your life by 30 years.
3. And this is the route Harry has decided is the most effective method. Love someone who doesn't love you back, that way, you die over and over every single day. 

The moment he feels that familiar pool of emotions building in his eyes once again, he stands promptly skulling the liquor and searching the cupboard and fridge for alcohol. There's nothing. It infuriates him as he knows his in no state to be driving anywhere to get any more. He needs more, he can't function at the moment without any because right now, alcohol tastes a whole lot better than tears.

It's only 3 pm in the afternoon and yet Harry's house is in darkness. The curtains have been drawn closed, the Smell of smoke is lingering and there's empty bottles lying everywhere. He doesn't think it's going to work but he's going to try anyway. Opening up his phone he sends Louis another text message.

To Louis:
" Please Lou, don't ignore me. I miss you"

After 20 minutes with no reply, Harry picks up an empty bottle throwing it across the kitchen, the sound of smashing glass echoing throughout the empty house. For the last 2 days, Harry has texted and called and not once has Louis replied. Not a word, not one fucking word.

Harry is flicking from angry to hurt to sad, to eventually settling on vindictive. He wants sex, the urge to release all this frustration and sadness and the sweet memory of a certain bartender is filling his desire for a revenge fuck. He doesn't know why he wants this, Louis has made it clear he doesn't want him, so why he feels the need to try and make him jealous really makes no sense at all.

It's funny how the universe works in mysterious ways sometimes. Just as he was trying to figure out ways of transport to the winery, Harry hears the sounds of the front door unlocking. He walks quickly to the door, his drunk state of mind convincing himself it was Louis and not the logical explanation of who really had a key.

" Harry! It's really good to see you aga- " Lexi pauses taking a deep sniff.

" Why does the house smell like smoke and..."

Harry has had enough of her talking already. He eyes her up and down and internally feels relieved as the craving he just wanted can now be fulfilled. She may not be a man and exactly what he felt he wanted but standing there in her little tight white skirt with a black singlet was enough for him to be satisfied with. Lexi smelt good but it wasn't the scent he longed for. He wanted comfort but unfortunately, it was to be in the wrong arms.

He doesn't even say hello to her. He grabs the bags that are hanging over her arms and drops them to the floor, picking her up and flinging her over his shoulder. Lexi laughs and Harry carries her as he hurries upstairs.

He takes no time undressing himself and her. Lexi is beyond happy as she hasn't touched her husband in months since she had the miscarriage and he moved into the guest room.
Harry is acting like an animal, ripping her clothes, moving fast and Lexi takes a minute to try and slow it down.