Chapter 16 - Moving

It's always the things that you least expect that tend to hit you the hardest. You should never be afraid to start over, it's a chance to rebuild your life just the way you had always intended. Sometimes trying to fix something that is already broken will simply not be enough, because every now and then, starting over fresh allows for something better to enter your life.

Louis is not in the mood. He hasn't felt this way in such a long time. His life is crumbling down around him and he feels there's nothing he can do to stop it. Venturing out to the grocery store has worn him out. He didn't want to go there, to begin with, and now his just plain tired. Tired from no sleep, tired from crying, tired from fucking life.

Harry who is walking out his front door on his way for his daily jog notices Louis at the trunk of his car unloading the grocery bags. Harry's plan was to throw a little banter and joke around like they use to. An effort to bring back some familiarity from their years of friendship.

Now, normally Louis would have loved this. What Harry says is something they would generally make fun about with each other, being as close as they were neither would take offence...it's just banter after all. Unfortunately for Harry, he had no idea how close his words were about to hit home.

" Fancy a run with me?"

Louis jumped a little startled at the voice that had approached him from behind. There was no amusement on his face and Harry could see he seemed upset. Trying to lighten his mood, just like he always would, he makes a little joke.

" I can see that little tubby pouch you got happening Loubear, I don't think you can afford to say no...no more beers for you I think." Harry laughs reaching out to grab and tickle Louis's stomach.

It's a joke of course and Louis normally would just throw something back 10x worse in regards to Harry's appearance. It's something they have always done, so Harry is absolutely alarmed when Louis intercepts his hands extremely tightly.

" Fuck off Harry. Don't touch me!!"

Harry puts his hands up surrendering. Louis was just so scared of having Harry touch his belly and somehow putting it all together he overreacted.

" Far out Lou. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that.

" No shit! How bout you go touch your fucking wife for a change!"

Louis slams the trunk closed picking up his bags.

" Louis ..."

" Leave me the hell alone Harry."

Harry jogs away now pissed off himself, not understanding where the fuck that all just came from. Louis drops the bags to the kitchen counter before breaking down.

He didn't mean to snap. He's so overwhelmed with everything that is happening and his hormones are getting the better of him. His argument with Elly is still not sitting well with him. It's so quiet. Elly has only been gone for 1 night and the house already seems so empty.

~~~FLASHBACK ~~~

" Care to explain your fucking yourself?"
the tone of her voice shocking Louis completely.

He reaches forward picking up the square object.

How the fuck did she get this?

Elly leans forward snatching the photo and slamming it to Louis's chest.

" I fucking knew it. I knew you and Harry were close but I didn't think it was that close. My god, I should have known."

" Elly calm down, it's not what it looks like. It was a joke that's all"