Chapter One: Packing

Hey guys!

Hope you guys are coping okay with your studies if your currently doing or preparing for exams xx

This new story is- in case you already don't know- about werewolves.

I love the cliche of it all, finding your mate and instantly bring happy.

So I have tried to make changes to make it different than any other story so I hope you enjoy

<💙>

When snow starts to fall and things can change at the drop of a hat, it's magical when you meet the one person who can make your heart stop and really beat for the first time...

I remember the stories that I listened to when I was told about love and a werewolves true mate before bed every night.

But one night changed it all...

After finally falling asleep I remember from listening to the woman read I heard shuffling in my room and the next thing I knew was darkness.

************************************************

You're probably wondering what happened next, however all I can remember is that start of a story and the soothing voice of my dream is just that motherly voice from my very early memories when I was a child.

Any who.....

As I got older I thought nothing of my strange dream as it made me feel safe and secure when sleeping even though the woman who sounded nothing like my mom, made me feel safe and loved unlike the one who cooks for me every day.

There is one distinct feature I remember which was a shiny silver coloured locket I pictured draped around the woman's neck which hypnotised me when falling asleep as it seemed to rock from side to side whilst she sang to me...

"Dancing bears painted wings, things I almost remember and a song someone sings once upon a December"

The lyrics I know off by heart to this day, that always help me feel better when I'm in distress over things or confused or just feeling lonely.

Even though that might have made me sound like I have a miserable life, I don't!

My life is good.

So far I have made my way through high school and am finishing my final year of college now that I'm about to turn eighteen.

I needed to get a fresh start so my parents decided it would be a good idea to move somewhere quiet now that I didn't need to live somewhere near schools and such.

I agreed on one condition, that wherever we move has to be near nature.

I jumped at the chance to move to the outdoors.

For some reason unknown to me, after I turned 16 I loved being around nature.

Things were hectic for a while where I must have gone through major puberty as I grew like a foot, from 4,6 to 5,6 over night on my sixteenth birthday.

[Flash back]

I woke up, walked to my bathroom to have a shower when I realised my top was too small and my trousers were jack ups!

[End of flash back]

That isn't even the half of it!

I started to hear things, and I know what you're thinking, I'm going nuts...

Well so did I!

However it's not what you think.

I could hear things that I shouldn't be able to hear as they were so far away.

[flash back]

I could hear a car coming down the road so I looked out my window due to curiosity, I couldn't see anything though.

I sat waiting as I could still hear the metal clanging and roaring of the engine before I could see it, and I mean I waited like 5 minutes for a car that was easily doing 40 mph for it to finally come into view.

[End of flash back]

Oh, and you think that having those two heightened senses were weird, I could also smell things far away too.

Some people would consider that cool, however some thing's you just shouldn't be able to smell.

[flash back]

Like this one guy who was sitting just a ways from me and my family in this burger place where he sat eating his meal and drinking what could only be beer.

I gradually got a whiff of a pungent odour that made me gag and feel the need to run a mile away.

The strange thing was that my parents weren't or didn't look affected and couldn't smell it until the man strolled past us after paying for his food to leave the restaurant.

[End of flash back]

Anyway...

After telling my parents about the changes they gave each other worried looks and said it was fine I was just being over dramatic.

I got used to my heightened senses after a while.

When I was at home and I was now waiting to be finally free and independent as I could live without technology as long as I had my phone and my car.

As it was only the three of us and I work part time as a waitress and my parents both have enough money from their jobs to afford to live without working until they die with the luxuries.

They spoilt me when I would accept the gifts as I felt bad for taking their money when I felt like I had to earn my keep whilst living with them.

I had a gut feeling that told me things weren't right living with them and I didn't know why, however I listened to my gut enough to know that it's always right and I'm never going to give it a second thought as I always follow what my gut tells me.

I came to the conclusion that I must have a sixth sense that is always right.

Even though I loved them both, my parents, for some reason I never felt like it was my real home,

But they're the only one that I've ever known and they make me feel like I have family and I felt at ease knowing that.

<💙>

I'm sure your all wondering...

Who is the girl?

Who's the lady that reads to her?

Well, you have to keep on reading to find out as I am going to tell you soon enough.

Just wanted to say thank you to my followers and the people who have voted.

Thank you guys for reading!

I hope you enjoyed my story, and my other stories so far!

I love you all!

Please don't forget to vote for my story if you liked it!

And please leave any comments, questions and I will reply ASAP! Xx