0.3

- Luke Hemmings -

Mary wasn't at school today and so I wondered where she could be or what she's gotten herself into.

Why do you even care about her, Luke? All she does is use you for sex and weed! Can't you see how you deserve more?

Huh, the voice inside me kills me. I don't even know how to make it stop! Why can't I just make up my mind?!

"Luke, it's your stop." The bus driver tells me and I get off the bus.

I walk to the door and open it, expecting my mom's famous cookies on the counter, but it's not. I walk inside her room and see her on her desk. I try to carry my mom onto the bed without dropping her and to my surprise, I did fine. Sort of.. I kiss her forehead and leave.

You should find a girl who works just as hard as your mom. Not someone who uses you.

Oh, just shut up voice. You don't know Mary, like I do!

Then why do I know that you'd be there for her whenever no matter what it is, but she can't be here for you when you need help finding something you lost?

Maybe you're right, voice, but Mary means a lot to me.

No, she doesn't. You're just hiding your real feelings for her because you have some stupid crush on her!

It's not a stupid crush! Shut up already!

"I look idiotic. I need food." I leave my room and walk to subway. I hate walking, but it's a good way to soothe my mind.

"Hey, Luke!" I look across the street and see Allyson, Michael's girlfriend. Allyson walks across the street and walks to me.

"Hey, Ally. What brings you to this part of town?" Ally lives more west of Carolina, so I don't know what brings her to Warren.

"I'm meeting Michael's parents tonight. What brings you here?" Ally jokes around.

"Haha, you know why I'm here." I give a brief smile to Ally and shove my hands into my jean pockets.

"Sorry..." Ally frowns and walks with me. "Where you heading?" Ally continues.

"Just subway then maybe Calum's." I thought about going to Calum's so I can just eat his leftover pizza and drink his lemonade.

"Ahh, so buy food and then steal food." We chuckle, but get interrupted when Ally's phone buzzes.

"Michael wants me there in 5. See you later, Luke." Ally waves to me and walks away.

That's the girl you should be chasing after! The girl that talks to both genders no matter what race or class or whatever. The girl that goes after you no matter how far you live! The girl that says sorry. The girl who jokes around! The perfect one. Not Mary!

Oh, shut the fuck up! You bullshitter.

"Luke! Luke!" I look back and it's Mary.

"Oh hey. Where were you today?" I ask her.

"Dentist. Where you heading?" Mary looked stunning, as always.

"Subway then Calum's." I tell her.

"Can I join?"
(Italics = Luke's Mind | Bold = Luke's Heart)

Say no!

Say yes!

Say no!

Say yes!

Both of you, shut up!

"Well?" Mary catches my attention.

"Sure, you can." I smile a bit.

"Thanks." Mary pecks my lips and intertwined our fingers. She looked up and smiled before walking to subway.

Oh no.

Oh yes!

//

HOLY JESUS! ONLY 561 words !!!
but i swear there will be more ((: