Chapter 9

After the whole incident with Rico at the diner and finding out the whole truth about my marriage to Viviana, I took the next two days off from work to process my future for the next year. To make sure that anything I did for the next year wouldn't result in my family losing everything they have worked for over the years.  It was frustrating honesty, the little freedom I thought I had was completely gone now and I had to think about the future and how my actions might effect the them. Everything could be taken away from me and my family in a blink of an eye if I just did one thing wrong. Rather, if I just did one thing that happened to piss Rico off enough for him to take away everything. 

And to make matters worst is the fact that I have been in the dark about this situation for so long. I know without a doubt that Viviana knew the truth about our wedding arrangement. Rico began telling her secrets about our families the second she turned sixteen and was initiated into the Mafia. Some secrets she did tell me, mostly because we were to be married soon and we would be King and Queen, but she clearly kept the huge ones from me, something she or Rico would only tell me when I married her. 

But that wasn't even the worst part of my two days off from work, no, it became much worst. 

While I was sitting at my kitchen table reading over and over the marriage agreement, trying to find some kind of loophole in the contract, but was failing miserably at. There was a knock on my door. I put down the papers in confusion before walking over to the front door and opened the door, without even bothering to look through the peek hole. 

Once I noticed who it was, I thought for sure that the universe was absolutely done with torturing me after this for sure, because I felt like I was going  through hell and back ever since Rico came into the diner. 

I remained emotionless in my door frame, "Azula, how am I not shocked." I answered  sarcastically. 

She gave me a big grin, like she had just won the non-existence battle between us. "Dear cousin, how much I have miss these moments." She replied before nodding inside. "Can I come in? Oh wait, that's right, I'm now in charge of you and now you have to listen to me." 

I clenched my jaw before I pushed the door open for her. She smirked and stepped inside my apartment like she owned the place. Once she stepped through my door way, I closed the door and watched her. She glanced around the place, clearly observing everything and to get a sense of the place, before she looked back at me. 

"I like it." She turned around and looked over my apartment again. "It's very you." 

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "What do you need Azula? You are clearly here on duty from Rico." 

Azula glimpsed over at me before smiling and continued her investigation of my apartment. "I really have to thank you, Dani. I'm finally doing work for the Mafia and I have you to thank for that. So thank you, for fucking up Viviana's whole life resulting in Grandfather coming into town and basically forced my mother to allow me to help." 

I was getting annoyed with Azula at this point, she was finally getting everything she ever wanted. Acceptance into the family and the family job. While here I was trying to make sure my family still had a job after all this is done. 

"I'm not in the mood Azula, so tell me what Rico wants from me so I can get it over and done with." 

Azula shrugged her shoulders, "Fine then, I was hoping my cousin would actually want some company, given the fact you haven't left here nor have you called your little girlfriend in quite some time." Azula smiled, and I felt sick to my stomach upon hearing her words. Azula has been watching me for a while now and just that thought put me on edge. "Thanks to you, Rico has entrusted me with watching you and to make sure you don't do anything else that will cause him to come back to the States. And being the dear friend that I am, I'm going to give you an option."