Chapter 4

And that's all we did that night, we just sleep together in the same bed. Viviana didn't touch me in sexual way, but she did hold me close to her and with an iron grip. During the night, I had a hard time falling asleep because I knew Vivi was silently crying behind me. I wanted to comfort my best friend, but I couldn't do it, it would only make the situation worst because it would give her hope. And I didn't want to do that to her.

When I woke up the next morning, the bed was empty and it was just me. The house was silent and it was completely out of the ordinary. Viviana would often make us breakfast in the morning every other weekend or whenever we had an argument, but for the first time, I didn't hear any pots or pans or the sweet smell of bacon throughout the house. 

I was slow to get out the bed and everything just felt weird to me. Even if Viviana had an emergency or out of town and overall couldn't be with me in the morning, she would always make sure to call or text me good morning. But after teaching out for my phone on the nightstand, there was no new notifications. As I climbed out of my bed, I grabbed my teal robe, which laid on the ottoman at the foot of the bed and wrapped it around me and entered the living room.

There was absolutely nothing. No sight of Viviana at all and it had me worry. I worried that she had left the house to do something that she would surely regret and I was scared for her well being. As I carried on into the kitchen, I noticed that there was a plate on the counter that was covered by plastic wrap.

A ping of excitement hit me upon seeing the small gesture and I raced over to the plate. I uncovered the plastic wrap and saw it was Viviana's typical breakfast meal. Two pancakes, eggs, bacon, and a side of toast with grape jelly on it. I smiled and moved the plate to where a barstool was only to uncover something underneath the plate. It was a note with my name written on it and I felt my stomach drop. I push aside the plate of food and reached out for the note and opened it and began to read it.

Daniella,

I'm sorry, but I couldn't bare to stay here and watch you move your stuff out of the house. If I was to stay, it would only hurt me more than I already am. But don't worry for me, I wouldn't do anything to myself or my well being. I also needed time to myself and think, but I will give you my answer later on today.

But I couldn't help myself to make you breakfast, it only felt right and in some way, it brought me some happiness. It's been the only thing to cheer me up.

Love you always,

V

I read over the note twice and I felt that ping of excitement vanish and filled with guilt. Then I put my head in my hands trying to figure out what I had just done. Viviana couldn't even bare the sight of me leaving, how was she to last an entire year away from me?

Put down the note and pulled the plate of food towards me and ate the food in silence. Every now and then, I would reach out and grab the note, look over it for a second, and then put it back down. After I finished eating, I rise off the plate and put it in the dishwasher and went back into the bedroom. Once in the bedroom, I went over to the nightstand and grabbed my phone. I had Viviana's Find My Phone information and I had to check her location. I had make sure she was in a safe place. But then my stomach dropped when it said her phone was in the house and I glanced up and saw her phone was on her nightstand.

I sighed and put down my phone. Of course she wouldn't bring her phone with her, she knew I had the ability to track it down and figure out where she was. I sat down on the bed and wondered if I should try and go look for her, but deep down, I knew she needed this time to herself.

After sitting down on my bed for a few minutes, I decided I needed to get up, take a shower, and began to pack up my stuff in the house.

Once I was clean and had a fresh pair of clothes on. I went to the main house and gather a few of the maids to help me. I had half of them help with packing up my clothes and items from the house and the rest to get my room ready for me to return to it.