Chapter 2

I woke up when I felt movement under my arm, and I waited patiently to see what Vivi was about to do. Under my arm, Vivi was hesitant but she slowly reached out and touched my arm, I guess trying to figure out who I was, but it didn't take long for her long to figure it out.

"Dani?" She whispered and slowly began to look over her shoulder to look at me.

I pushed myself up onto my elbows so she could see me better and so I could see her face because her back block my view. "Hi, Vivi."

"Dani!" Within a second a giant smile covered her face and she didn't give me a chance to react before she tackled me on her bed, not even caring about her injuries. I chuckled at her reaction, because I didn't expect anything less from her. But it wasn't long before I heard snuffling in my shoulder. "I'm so sorry Dani!" She cried into the crook of my neck and I felt wetness on my neck and I frowned because I knew she was crying again. "I-I-i shouldn't have kissed you, b-b-but I couldn't help myself. You looked so beautiful and-" Vivi got chocked up on her words and continued to cry.

I slowly push on her shoulders to get her off of me so I could see her face. Vivi understood what I was trying to get at and did as I asked. Viviana rolled off of me and sat up, and I think in that moment, pain in her wrist flared up because she was holding it close to her chest, which made sense especially since she did tackled me down in her bed without a second thought. I sighed and reach over to the now standing nightstand and grab the pills and the glass of water, then handed the glass to Viviana which she took with her free hand. I proceeded to open the bottle of pills and took out two for her and put them in the palm of her uninjured hand.

Viviana was quick to take the pill and held the glass out to me after she swallowed the pill, I took it and put it back to it place on the nightstand. Then it was finally time to face my best friend, but it just broke my heart. I really destroyed my best friend by rejecting her. It also gave me the chance to finally see the large bruise that was on her cheek and I knew it had to be from when she fought off the guards.

I reached out and placed my hands on both of her cheeks before wiped away her tears with my thumbs. When doing this, Viviana went to grab my wrists, in order to keep my hands in there place. "I'm sorry, Daniella. I ruined everything, didn't I?" She mumbled, not even making eye-contact with me.

I sighed, "You didn't Vivi." I replied and she finally looked up at me again, with tears filling up her eyes again. "I forgive you for what you did. It's in the past now."

She looked up at me with surprised look on her face, "You do? B-but, I thought for sure-"

I cut her off, "Yes, I was pissed off Viviana. You didn't have the right to kiss me, especially when you knew that I didn't feel the same way." Vivi looked down in disappointment. "But," I started and she looked back up. "I talked to my mom and she made a point, and she made me realize I shouldn't be mad at you for long."

Viviana looked at me with confusion, and finally let go of my hands which give me the chance to pull my hands towards me. "What did she tell you?"

I sighed, "That I should start accepting it, us being in a serious relationship, that we're going to be be more than friends soon. We are going to married in a couple of years and yes, she didn't agree with you kissing me, but she has a point. I need to start accepting that our friendship is going to be more than that and I need to find a way to love you more than a friend, like how you do with me."

Slowly, a smile creeped onto Viviana's face, "Does that mean you'll give me a chance? Like a honest chance for us to date?" She questioned as her grin grew with excitement.

I chuckled at her reaction, "Yes." Viviana quickly began to reach out and hold me again, but I held my hand out to stop her and she did just that. "But, we're going to take the extremely slow. Slower than a snail, because it's going to take me a some time to get used to the idea."