outro | author's note

Wow.

First of all, I'm sorry for dragging you guys through that rollercoaster of emotions for these past two months! I promised it would be worth it in the end, I hope I didn't disappoint <3

Secondly, holy SHIT, 1.2k+ reads? I've yet to process the first 100. Thank you SO SO much <3

The support you guys have given me is what got me through this entire process and I can't thank you guys enough, I love you forevermore.

Rory and Stud hold such a dear space in my heart, not only because they're my first borns, but because in a way I feel like I shared a piece of myself through them and their story.

It'll be a bit too hard for me to move on from their story, but if I ever miss them too much, I'll just revisit their journals and share some entries with you.

Though Lingering Distaste was such a hard chapter, I found myself relating to it in so many ways that it physically pained me to hit the publish button, but once I did, it felt so gratifying to open up that part of me through my Jarelle's pov and their entire love story.

My babies deserved their story to end on the best note possible, which is why I kept the last epilogue a secret these past two months until I made sure it was perfect for them, their story and their futures.

With this I confirm my babies are happy and flourishing as individuals and as a pair. They deserved an everlasting love from the start, and who am I to take that away from them?

Before I go, here's a few questions I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on! <3

- What was your favorite trait in each character?

- Favorite date or chapter, and why?

- Favorite moment they shared (no matter how big or insignificant it was)

- Least favorite scene and why :) *evil laughs*

- Did you actually lose hope at some point for their ending?

I don't know what's next for me, but I sure as hell hope I won't be gone for long...

Thank you so much for loving me and my story just as much as I love you!

With a shit ton of love,
~Dani🤍

Follow me on Twitter and Tiktok, @htownrry (same username for both platforms)! <3