Chapter 10

Javier stood there gobsmacked as the news you'd given how swam around in his brain. It was your irritating huff that snapped him back to attention.

"You're pregnant?" He practically squeaked and you scoffed.

"Yes, Javier." You snapped and he winced a little at your tone.

"H-how?" He stuttered and you scoffed "I mean, we haven't been trying you're on protection so-"

"I don't know what to tell you Javi." You interrupted and his mouth snapped shut "It failed and I'm pregnant." You grumbled "Sorry."

His brows drew together at that. He was confused to be sure but he didn't want you to think for a second that he was upset with you.

"I know that this is great timing and all but it's happening and I want to keep it but if you do-" Your rambling was cut off by his lips on yours and suddenly the anger that had consumed you a few moments ago seemed to fizzle to nothing.

"There is nothing to be sorry for." He assured you as he rested his hand on your stomach whilst cupping your cheek with the other "This is wonderful news."

"Really" You choked and he nodded as a grin spread across his face.

"Really."

"Oh my god." Connie practically squealed and you both jumped, having forgotten she was there at all "You're going to have a baby." She squeaked and you let out a breathy chuckle.

"We're going to have a baby." You replied with a nod, wiping away the two tears that escaped from your eyes as you watched Javier drop to his knees.

"Hola little one." He uttered, his eyes as wide as saucers as he locked them with yours "I'm your Papi and I'm so excited to meet you."

"I can't leave now." Connie sobbed and your heads both swung around to look at her.

"Are you serious?" You asked and she nodded "I can't leave you alone now. Especially if the boys are going to be away more."

"They've asked us to permanently move to the Medellin base." Javier confessed and your face dropped "But I am going to apply for a house for us there." He continued "You're coming with me, baby." He stated, "I don't want to miss a moment of this with you."

"Do you think Steve would do the same?" Connie asked and Javier nodded.

"In a heartbeat." He stated and she nodded.

"Does this mean María stays?" You asked as your eyes drifted to the still sleeping infant.

"Yes, Cariño." He said softly "She's staying."

~

Two weeks later you were unpacking the last of the boxes in your new house the embassy had managed to arrange for you. You had not however managed to secure a role at the Searchbloc headquarters, something that Javier had been relieved about. He had confessed that he hadn't liked the idea of you working. He prefered to know you were safe at home with Connie and María every day whilst he searched for the man that had torn so many lives apart including yours and almost his.

Escobar may have not pulled the trigger the day he almost died but he was just as much to blame as that sicario was.

Steve had made it his mission to ensure his wife felt safe too. Having almost lost Connie he'd done everything he could to make sure she didn't leave but he didn't have to worry. She wasn't going to leave your side.

"How's the morning sickness?" She asked as she sipped her coffee and you, your tea "That eased off now?"

"Yeah, thank god." You groaned, eliciting a chuckle from the other woman "It never lasted this long with Masie."