Chapter 7

The day of Princess Krya's sixteenth birthday, a bright clear day in the Sun Kingdom and the villagers were all celebrating this princess's birthday from the moment the sun rose. Princess Krya wore a dress that her mother gifted to her for this special day, a yellow and gold embroidered ball gown dress. The crown that Krya will soon wear as she is pronounced the queen of the Sun Kingdom sat in the middle of the palace ball room, a tall crown with three golden jewels on top, with the middle one being the biggest of all.

The princess made her way down to the ballroom where she would be greeting the royal guests that would soon arrive. "Thank you for this lovely dress, mother." She said as she sat on the throne next to her mother.

"Yes, well you will need to look your best when meeting the king you will be marrying." Her mother said as she stood up, walking towards the crown that was once hers and now will soon be given to her daughter, the future queen.

"A king? Mother! You dare not force me to marry someone I do not love." Princess Krya was furious.

The queen laughed then silence fell upon the two of them until she turned back around walking towards Krya as she held the crown in her hands, "You will come to love him and even if you do not, you will keep by his side until your daughter or son takes over this kingdom." After saying this, she placed the crown on her head.

The two stood side by side as they greeted each guest that arrived that day. The future king that Krya would soon be forced to marry, had arrived. He had short blonde hair, wearing a flamboyant suit with Dimond embroidery. He kneeled down and kissed the top of Krya's hand as he introduced himself. "Apollo is my name, my lady" He said in an earnest voice, "I cannot wait to marry a women as beautiful as you, we will have beautiful children."

Krya pulled her hand away from Apollo and without saying a word, ran out of the ballroom her birthday celebration was taking place in. Tears fell down her face as she ran out the castle, holding the crown in her hand and with the other, lifting her dress up so she would not stumble. Krya climbed up on her horse, and rode it to Luna's house that sat right outside the dark forest. Without knocking, the princess bursted into the house in tears. Looking over to her right to see Luna holding a cup of tea as she sat on the couch in shock as she stared at the beautiful princess. Krya dramatically walked into Luna's bedroom in the back of the house.

"I feel as if this is the only place where I can escape the humdrum of my life as a princess" Krya said as she dramatically fell back onto Luna's bed.

"What happened?" Luna worryingly asked as she sat down next to her.

Krya sat up and looked over at Luna, "My mother is forcing me to marry a man I do not wish to marry! All because I have to be the queen."

"It is your birthday today" Luna smiled, "You look beautiful, Krya."

Krya's heart started beating fast when Luna told her this as the two girls sat on the bed next to one another, the princess placed her hand on Luna's hand and held it, "Why can I not marry you" She let out a big sigh, "Only if you were a king, then we could be together for eternity." Before luna could respond, Krya grabbed the crown she threw on the bed next to her and ripped out the bright yellow jewel that sat in the middle and handed it to Luna, "I want you to have this. I am told it is a jewel from the sun."

Luna's face turned red as she stared at the jewel that was placed in her hand, "Krya, but this belongs to the Sun Kingdom."

"It belongs to my crown, for which I am now giving it to you. I want you to have it so you will never forget about me."

"I will never forget about you, even if I do not have this sun jewel with me." Luna stood up and walked over to the small wooden dresser that stood across the room and held something in her hands, giving it to the princess, "This is a jewel from the moon, my mother gave it me. I want you to have it. Happy birthday, my princess."